Reader reviews and comments on The Consolations of Philosophy, plus links to write your own review.

The Consolations of Philosophy

Apr 2001, 320 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for The Consolations of Philosophy

Emily Pound

a must read!

This is if not the best one of the best books I have ever read. I stongly suggest it. De Botton is clever in his way of intertwining philosophy with every day stuggles. Pick this book up you will not be able to put it down.

Not bad. You feel good at the end, but somehow the lessons don't quite seem to stick or fall short of really consoling a person with all the nuances of life. Its general, but I suppose the style makes it that way.

• Book Jacket: Auntie Poldi and the Sicilian Lions