Reader reviews and comments on Driving Over Lemons, plus links to write your own review.

Driving Over Lemons

May 2001, 256 pages

There are currently 11 reader reviews for Driving Over Lemons

Lisa Shepard (10/16/07)

Just read it
After reading it myself, I have bought this book, and the ones that follow, for all my closest friends. I will wait patiently until Chris feels he has lived enough to fill another book, and will be first in the queue to buy it when it it published. I'm just grateful that he put pen to paper (or fingers to word processor). Thanks
From there (06/01/07)

Everything's a lie
Chris Stewart is absolutely wrong in his descriptions of the place. It seems that here we live in the third world and that everybody is an uncultivated and impolite peasant. And there are a lot of more mistakes made by this author that I will not mention as my English is not too good.
Anonymous (01/12/04)

it held my attention from the first page to the last. interesting and humorous. makes you wish to have a life like that.
Alicia (06/17/03)

A wonderful read. This book was a great escape from modern life.
Derek Miles (01/10/03)

Role on the follow up
casey (11/20/02)

I really liked this book. It was very entertaining. Best of luck to Chris.
George Cliff (10/14/02)

A fantastic read - the type of book that allows you to escape to quaint areas of the world without even leaving your living room. This is down to earth, funny and exotic all at once. All I want to do now is go down there and do the same thing myself!
Maureen Ellis (06/10/02)

I admit to a pre conception that a rock band drummer/sheep shearer would not be able to write! I am amazed at Chris Stewart's erudite manner of writing, his poetic language and beautiful descriptions. I laughed out loud especially when he wrote on page 70 that they "were fast becoming slaves again to all the things we had come to this benighted spot to flee". I loved this book and hope to read the sequel. I heard Chris talk about it (Parrot in the Pepper Tree)on Radio 4 when he spoke of "telling the truth" rather than romanticising his experiences.

• Book Jacket: Salt Houses
    Salt Houses
    by Hala Alyan
    Salt Houses is the story of a Palestinian family living in Nablus; it begins on the eve of the ...
  • Book Jacket: The End of Eddy
    The End of Eddy
    by Edouard Louis
  • Book Jacket: If We Were Villains
    If We Were Villains
    by M L. Rio

Extraordinary Adventures
    by Daniel Wallace

A large-hearted and optimistic novel that is witty, winsome, and wise.

The Scribe of Siena
    by Melodie Winawer

The thing that cowardice fears most is decision

T's A S B Every M