Reader reviews and comments on Flight of Eagles, plus links to write your own review.

Flight of Eagles

by Jack Higgins

Flight of Eagles by Jack Higgins

May 1998, 328 pages
    Jul 1999, 320 pages

There are currently 18 reader reviews for Flight of Eagles

Dustin Vance (11/02/08)

Two Thumbs Up!!!
I just finished this book as an assignment for my AP US History class. I was completely amazed at the skill of the author to write such an incredible book. The action and suspense kept me immersed for hours. The plot was astounding and had me guessing till the very end. I just couldn't put it down. If it is true or not isn't important, although it would be even more interesting if it is. I would recommend this book to anyone.
JoAnne (03/31/08)

Flight of Eagles
Loved it! The combination of intrigue, suspense and engrossing historical information.
Nohemi (11/14/04)

I just read your book,and I think it's great.I love the charactors and the positions they're put in.I'm dying to know if if the Kelso twins were actually true.If anybody finds anything about this please email me at GNohemi790@aol.comTextText
Joel Thunborg (04/05/04)

The book is very well written, although I don't know if it is true. I've found only one site that mentions Max von Halder and that is on an online gaming site. Nonetheless, I love this book.
Alyssia (02/09/04)

I read this book and liked the story very much. However, I don't think it is a true story. The characters just don't seem to have existed - even if someone wanted to keep certain things secret, history can't be erased just like that. Another thing was that Erich Hartmann - "Bubi" survived the WWII as a Luftwaffe ace from the east front [according to 2 sources]... The link to Max Halder I found on this page is a link to an on-line game! I guess Higgins wrote what he wrote to make the book more fascinating.
Anonymous (02/03/04)

Very good book. Well written, but I doubt that it is true. After some research I can't find any mention of an Abe Kelso being a US Senator. Don't believe me - check it out yourself

josh (12/22/03)

Very good book though i could never believe it was a true story
Nickie (09/05/03)

Flight of Eagles is by far one of the best books on pilots and WWII. As a soon-to-be pilot myself I found it very exciting, and with so many twists and turns in the plot you won't be left disappointed. The story of the brothers touched me so much that I felt the need to find out more about them and if the story was true. It'll make one hell of a movie!

• Book Jacket: Wonderful Feels Like This
    Wonderful Feels Like This
    by Sara Lovestam
  • Book Jacket: Blue Light Yokohama
    Blue Light Yokohama
    by Nicolas Obregon
    Blue Light Yokohama, Nicolás Obregón's crime fiction debut, takes place in an exotic ...
  • Book Jacket: Inferno
    Inferno
    by Steven Hatch
    The word "Ebola" sets off an almost visceral reaction in many of us; we think about the men, women ...

The Scribe of Siena
    by Melodie Winawer

The Book of Summer
    by Michelle Gable

The bestselling author of The Paris Apartment, Michelle Gable now transports readers to Nantucket.

Win The Chalk Pit

The Chalk Pit:
A Ruth Galloway Mystery

A string of murders takes Ruth underground in the newest book in the series.

T W Don't M A R