Reader reviews and comments on Monsoon, plus links to write your own review.

Monsoon

by Wilbur Smith

Monsoon by Wilbur Smith

May 1999, 613 pages
    Apr 2000, 822 pages

There are currently 10 reader reviews for Monsoon

Marquis

I think what really made this book good for me, was that I did not know what was going to happen next. I had a general idea, but the way the plot worked was very good an unexpected, if not excellent. At one point in the book I wondered how there could be another 500 pages to read, only to discover an unexpected twist and significant turn of the story. The author's imagination is fantastic. This is one book that should be FORBIDDEN to be made into a movie. A movie could not do this justice.
Oli John

Awesome book. Awesome author.
Daniel

This book is just so great. I grabbed it from my mothers cabinet, and once I started it I couldnt stop and 2 days later without any sleep or contact to the outside of my room I finnished Monsoon. When I turned the last page I got the feeling, I want to know what happends next, give me more words, darn it.
Wilbur is very good in making you understand the characters and to describe their surrounding. Anyway, read it. I didnt even know there was a prequel, guess what book I am gonna buy next.
Guchi

In all my life, I have never had an author to read such as Wilbur Smith. Where he stores these stories in his mind, I don't know, but where ever it is, it certainly contains a vast treasure of limitless creativity.
Gareth Walters

Mr Smith has done better, the story was predictable, the story lines could be antisapated. This took away the allur of the book.
Gonzalo

Ethnocentric and barely entertaining. In many aspect is a mere replay of "Birds of Prey" a generation after.
Anonymous

Dave
Just finished reading Monsoon. It took all of four days to get through the
950ish pages; I just couldn't put the darned thing down. This is an all too
common affliction where Mr Smith's books are concerned!
It met all my expectations and more and is yet another fine work by a master
storyteller at the peak of his craft.
I can scarcely wait for the next installment!
Anonymous

Steve
One of the best books I have ever read. A swashbuckling adventure in the finest tradition. This is a book I could not put down. After I finished I wanted more.
Also for Maria: Concerning the prophecy - It is FICTION. Don't take the story as factual please. Fiction writers invent stories, at least that is what I believe the word fiction means.

• Book Jacket: Before We Sleep
    by Kate Moore

Win News of the World

The Weight of Ink
    by Rachel Kadish

An intellectual, suspenseful, and entertaining page-turner.

T's S I Numbers