Reader reviews and comments on A New Song, plus links to write your own review.

A New Song

Apr 2000, 416 pages

There are currently 9 reader reviews for A New Song

Freda

A New Song
I love every book in the Mitford series, but I wonder what became of Kenny Barlowe. Does he show up later and I'd like to see what happens to Sammy.
Darleen Barger

I have read all five of the books in the Mitford Series and find them all excellent. Once you begin to read them it is as if you are a part of the life in Mitford.
I am so looking forward to the next book in the series. I want to see what happens to Dooley, if they find the other children, where Cynthia and Tim end up.
I received the first book at a gift, I bought the other four and my daugters are now reading them. My oldest daughter Kathy has read the first three and we sent them home with her sister Donna, so that she could begin them. As soon as my daughters are through with them, I have friends waiting to read them.
I hope that the next book comes out soon, I will be waiting impatiently.

Judy
I just finished reading the Mitford Series by Jan Karon, best books I have
ever read. She makes you feel as though you're there in the room with them. I'm
disappointed in the ending of A New Song as I'm not sure who Father Tim meets on
his walk on the very last page. Tell me please.

Diane
I've enjoyed reading the Mitford series; however, I was disappointed in the majority of A New Song. At least the first half of the book appears to be a reprint of Out To Canaan. A brief synopsis of previous books may have been appropriate for those who have not read the entire series, but not a complete duplication of Out To Canaan. Is it possible that this is a printing error and not the author's intent?

Connie H
The Mitford series was like going on a vacation where one meets people who they learn to love and want to spend time getting to know. Most importantly Jan Karon adds Biblical truths into the storyline that would bring someone to Christ.

Pixie Pizarro
This series is one of the most heartwarming that I have ever read. I have told many to read Ms. Karon's books, and all have told me how wonderful they are and how good they make one feel. Would just like to know if anyone knows when the next twp books will be coming out? Thank you,

Patsy H
I have read all five books of the Mitford series and loved them so much that I just finished reading them for the second time and will continue to keep them in library for future readings. Am hoping Jan Karon will continue to write about these wonderful characters.

Karen Potts
If you have read any of the other books in this series, you will feel as if you are "coming home". There is a new location, a new church, and some new characters, but this book gives the reader the same warm feeling that the others in the Mitford series has given. This is a book of simple neighborliness and love, where the characters depend on God and one another. A real day-brightener!

• Book Jacket: Treeborne
    Treeborne
    by Caleb Johnson
    The Treeborne family has lived on The Seven – the local sobriquet for a seven-acre stretch of ...
    Grace