Reader reviews and comments on Patrick O'Brian, plus links to write your own review.

Patrick O'Brian

Mar 2000, 397 pages
    Dec 2000, 400 pages

There is 1 reader review for Patrick O'Brian

Ron Hurst

I have just finished rereading the book and confirmed my view after the first reading. It is a superb piece of work. The author acheives a perfect balance between the detailed exposure of O'Brien's private life and the chronological synopsis of the writings.I have long been an addict and possess all the 20 Aubrey/Maturin series.I consider Dean King's book has enhanced my enjoyment of them.Now that I feel I know the author, I can more fully appreciate the subtleties within the books.

• Book Jacket: Vita Nostra
    A Spark of Light
    by Jodi Picoult

Unsheltered
by Barbara Kingsolver

A timely novel that explores the human capacity for resiliency and compassion.

Paris Echo
    by Sebastian Faulks

A story of resistance, complicity, and an unlikely, transformative friendship.

The Kinship of Secrets