Reader reviews and comments on Vinegar Hill, plus links to write your own review.

Vinegar Hill

by A Manette Ansay

Vinegar Hill by A Manette Ansay

Nov 1999, 240 pages
    Nov 1999, 240 pages

There are currently 6 reader reviews for Vinegar Hill

Dj (08/24/12)

Vinegar Hill
I read alot of books. This was boring and very distrubing. Yes you will want to keep reading in hopes it gets better. The ending is boring and disappointing.
book worm (12/16/04)

Vinegar Hill is one of those books you can't put down! You just have to read it!
godess0161 (05/04/04)

This was one of the most intense stories of a homemaker tring to find herself and dealing with the "in-laws". I found this book to be very enjoable and hope everyone gets a chance to read it sometime.
salty fries (03/27/03)

one word. baaaaaaaaaaaaaam!
Sarah (08/29/02)

A great book. I couldn't put it down. You know you have a good book when the trials of the protagonist are so painful that it gets difficult to keep turning the pages and read more, and yet unable to put them down because you need resolve as much as the character does. Another magnificent thing about this book.... it doesn't make any bad guys. There is no evil mother-in-law, inhuman husband, stupid teenager... only real people, who are imperfect. We see through everyone's shoes, and I applaud a writer that recognizes everyone's personality became that way for a reason, and 'bad guys' are rare, while misunderstandings, issues, and secret pains are every day.
D. Fisher (03/22/02)

By far, my favorite book of all time. A. Manette Ansay pulls you in with her ability to take you through and back through time. She avoids the laborious over-description of the characters and their surroundings. Involvement this story comes from feeling rather than visualizing.

Her characters are refreshingly flawed yet the author provides enough insight so you wind up understanding rather than judging even the worst of them.

She has an amazing way of recounting past and present by seamlessly integrating dialog with the thoughts and memories that allow the story to progress in a way that kept me hooked.

My only complaint is that now I can't find a book I like as much as Vinegar Hill. I guess I'll have to wait for her next book!

Comment from BookBrowse : If you haven't already read it, you'll probably enjoy Ansay's biography 'Limbo' which was published in 2001.

• Book Jacket: The Dark Flood Rises

The Atomic Weight of Love
by Elizabeth J. Church

Lola
    by Melissa Scrivner Love

An astonishing debut crime thriller about an unforgettable woman.

Mercies in Disguise
    by Gina Kolata

A story of hope, a family's genetic destiny, and the science that rescued them.

If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people... but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the...

O My D B