Reader reviews and comments on Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood, plus links to write your own review.

Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood

by Rebecca Wells

Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood by Rebecca Wells

May 1996, 356 pages
    May 1997, 356 pages

There are currently 28 reader reviews for Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood

Power Reviewer Cloggie Downunder (09/10/12)

did not grab me
Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood is the second of the Ya-Yas series by Rebecca Wells. Set in two main locations, it tells of Sidalee Walker’s retreat to a remote cabin near Seattle to examine her past life and prospective marriage to Connor McGill, an examination that is facilitated and augmented by a scrap book of memorabilia her mother sends her from Louisiana, “Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood”, a book full of photos, letters, newspaper cuttings, tickets and tokens dealing with her mother’s dysfunctional childhood and adolescence, and Sidda’s own. Members of the Ya Ya sisterhood, her mother Viviane and friends Caro, Necie and Teensy, ultimately help Sidda find her way. From reading about the author’s own background, it appears that this novel is semi-autobiographical, as the authenticity from personal experience is apparent. While there are many heart-warming moments, there is also quite a bit of heartbreak, and it is quite slow-moving in places, making me wish she’d just get on with it. Siddalee and Vivi seem to be rather self-indulgent, allowing themselves the neuroses and existential crises that only rich people can afford. This novel touches very briefly and superficially on the subject of The Help. Certainly it did not grab me enough to want to read the companion volume, Little Altars Everywhere.
shlo (11/28/04)

it was good, a little long but worth it
meee (11/08/04)

excellent..love the relationship btw the girlfriends
britt (11/06/04)

It sucked!! it was long and borring, at least the movie was interesting!
Kallulah (09/05/04)

I thought the book was confucing and was dullText
Docken (03/24/04)

GREAT!!!!!!
kelbell (02/25/04)

i think this book is lame and needs more UMPH to it~! so yah!
Beau (02/05/04)

The divine secrets was just such an amazing read!! I absoulutly loved it, could not put it down for a second! I would recommend it to everyone. It is a wonderful tale about relationships and especially friendship. You will laugh, cry and really get into the story as you learn all about the YaYas and not forgetting the PetiteYaYas either! If you have not read this book then what are you waiting for!?!

• Book Jacket: Pachinko

A Piece of the World
    by Christina Baker Kline

I See You
    by Clare Mackintosh

Never read a book through merely because you have begun it

K Your F C