Reader reviews and comments on Back Roads, plus links to write your own review.

Back Roads

Jan 2001, 416 pages

There are currently 25 reader reviews for Back Roads

lawrence monye

one of the best
I have read a lot of books but this one is one of the best books I have read in all my time, very moving.... am recommending it to everybody
sasswood

Best Book I have ever read!! Haunting!!!
I read this book 6 years ago and I can not forget. The book haunts my soul.
Erin

I have read this book about 3 times over the past few years. It's a great book!
Jason 19

Backroads was a great page turner and hard to put down because the author's characters are so easy to relate with. I recomend this book to anybody that knows what it's like to be a confused and lost teen trying to make it under extreme circumstances.
yessenia

This is a book i did not want to keep my eyes off. i loved how intense it was, and how full of suspense it was, and sometimes i felt like i was harley, reading the book made me feel think i was thinking his thoughts. and the sex scene's were exciting!!!
yessenia 15
Edwin

I'm in my sophomore year in high school, i read this book just a few months ago because of my girlfriend. I thought it was not going to be good. As i started to read i felt myself hooked. I found Harley very interesting and very twisted in some ways. This is a book that captures you're attention at once. I really recommend this book, it is great and very captive. It will have you at the edge of your seat. i just wish there was more to this story it really intrigue me and had me suprised. Thank you Yessenia for letting me know about this book! Edwin 16
camille

This is such a book to treasure....with all those twists and turns...you'll never know what awaits you...it is soooo fine! i like it so much!!!! you'll surely enjoy this because of harley not to mention amber too! :)
H.C

I rarely read novels as I can never seem to find the patience to go through one. However, "Back Roads" is definitely an exception - it captivated me 100%. There isn't one dull moment in this story. The characters are so genuine, true to life. Just when you thought you had the facts straightened out, the story takes a shocking twist, leaving the readers eagerly antipating for the next revelation. "Back Roads" is a rare jewel and a MUST READ for ALL!!

H.C, 18, Melbourne, Aus

Join BookBrowse

The Dutch House
    by Ann Patchett

The Dutch House is my introduction to Ann Patchett, which, after reading it, surprises me. I had ...

• Book Jacket: Nights When Nothing Happened
    Nights When Nothing Happened
    by Simon Han
    A quiet atmosphere of dread permeates Simon Han's subdued debut novel Nights When Nothing Happened. ...
  • Book Jacket: Take It Back
    Take It Back
    by Kia Abdullah
    In Kia Abdullah's novel Take It Back, sexual violence advisor Zara Kaleel becomes involved in a case...
  • Book Jacket: Dark, Salt, Clear
    Dark, Salt, Clear
    by Lamorna Ash
    Named after Lamorna Cove in her mother's rural home county of Cornwall (located in southwestern ...

The Fortunate Ones
    by Ed Tarkington

An engrossing story of class, love, and loyalty for fans of Kevin Wilson's Nothing to See Here.

The Mystery of Mrs. Christie
    by Marie Benedict

The real-life disappearance of Agatha Christie is perhaps her greatest mystery of all.

Waiting for the Night Song
by Julie Carrick Dalton
A startling and timely debut about friendships forged in childhood and ruptured by the high price of secrets.
Win This Book!
Win The House on Vesper Sands

The House on Vesper Sands by Paraic O'Donnell

Introducing a detective duo for the ages who unlock the secrets of a startling Victorian mystery.

T T T Light F