Reader reviews and comments on Bridget Jones - The Edge of Reason, plus links to write your own review.

Bridget Jones - The Edge of Reason

by Helen Fielding

Bridget Jones - The Edge of Reason by Helen Fielding

Feb 2000, 352 pages
    Jan 2001, 352 pages

There are currently 19 reader reviews for Bridget Jones - The Edge of Reason

Katie

I really liked this book. Helen Fielding is a fantastic author. I have read both the Bridget Jones' books and I couldn't put them down.
Laurie

I loved this book! I am a young married woman, (27). I relate to her! I love her! I read many book's. I am one of those people who don't like to watch movies over and over again, or read books more than once, but I have read bridget at least 5 times! And Edge of reason Twice! I can not wait to see Edge of reason, I hope it is as good as the book.
Beth

Usually sequels are not as good, but this is the exception to the rule! I loved the first Bridget Jones book, but I believe this one was even funnier...Helen Fielding truly captures Bridget's spirit and spins side-splitting tales with this hilarious character she has created! After reading this book I find myself going around wanting to speak in a British accent, although I am not British and have only been to England once in my life. Bridget is brought to life as you read the pages of her diary...so much that you actually go through the emotions with her...feeling everything from utter humiliation to pure joy and comedy that is uniquely Bridget Jones!! Thank you Helen Fielding for all the laughs!!
James

I have to admit this is a good book and not just for women either I'm a guy. I saw the Original movie "Bridget Jones Diary 1" and fell instantly in love with the movie and charm of the actress who plays Bridget (Renee Zellweger). (Renee Zellweger is now my favorite actress. Go Renee for winning a Oscar for Cold Moutain! Also a good book and movie.) Anyways, I decided to pick it up the sequel to the movie or book and I realized how much I probably missed out on by not reading the first book even though I saw the movie. Helen Fielding is as funny as they come and the characters are just hiliraouis and v.g. at being people. Anyways, I love this book, even though I listened to it on sound recording while reading book, it's perfect. Now, the only thing I regret is the fact that I spent all my money seeing the Polar Express and not seeing Bridget Jones 2 in theaters. Out Now! (The Polar Express is not a good movie, extermly boring for my 13 year old son and we even saw it in 3-d at IMAX. Don't go see Polar Express just to warn) Thank you and farewell and have a v.g. day!
sara

She does and says exactly what is always on my mind ! She is me !
Claire

Fantastic book an better than the original, reading it for a comparitive essay for my a-levels and strongly recommend it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Majiri Otobo

I think that although i am fifteen , i can still understand and relate to all that happens in Bridget jones's edge of reason. I am now in the middle of my coursework on it and it amaizing how it is such a hilarious book yet has serious messages. I think that Helen Fieldiong is an amizing author and Edge Of Reason out does it's precedor .
Florentina Suica

I have just read the book, it is really, really great... even the "boring" part about the parents... and especially the parts about Mark Darcy... I really hope I won't be disapointed by the turn-up of the romance in the next book, "The Edge of Reason"
Anyway, the book is really great and the subject is indeed one every woman can relate to... everyone thinks one time or another that she is fat, unattractive and lonely... but in the end we all know that it is impossible to loose faith in ourselves, and that is what keeps us going... and Helen Fielding described that perfectly well.

• Book Jacket: Do Not Become Alarmed
    by Jeffrey Lent

Win News of the World

The Gypsy Moth Summer
    by Julia Fierro

One of the most anticipated books of 2017.

T's S I Numbers