Reader reviews and comments on Low Country, plus links to write your own review.

Low Country

by Anne River Siddons

Low Country by Anne River Siddons X
Low Country by Anne River Siddons

Jun 1998, 290 pages
    May 1999, 480 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Low Country

Frederick P. Van Winkle

I enjoyed reading Low Country because I have an intimate relationship with the area and can relate to all of the aspects in the book. I, however, found it to be crafted as a collage of segments of all of Pat Conroy's novels.
Anne Rivers Siddons created an interesting story if one knows the low country area and is familar with the issues she addresses, otherwise I can understand a reader becoming somewhat bored with it. She is somewhat elequant with here prose. I, however, have read Pat Conroy; she is no Pat Conroy.
Anonymous

Maureen Smith
Just finished reading Low Country by Anne Rivers Siddons and must comment on how disappointing I found this book to be. I have read all of Miss Siddons books and found them to be most enjoyable but this latest book read like it had been written by Danielle Steele who is truly an abominable writer. Low Country was certainly not up to Ms. Siddons usual standards and I hope she will go back to the quality found in her previous books. My personal favorite was, Outer Banks, and I have recommended it to many friends. Low Country, I will definitely not recommend. I hope Ms Siddons will see this email and realize she is letting fans like myself down when she writes such dribble.

Grace