MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on The Vampire Armand, plus links to write your own review.

The Vampire Armand

Sep 1999, 397 pages

There are currently 25 reader reviews for The Vampire Armand

noor

breath-taking
"The Vampire Armand" is my absolute favorite Anne Rice book. It is simply magical, touching, exciting, deep, wise, unforgettable. You can't help but fall in love with Armand, the forever young, beautiful and tragic hero of the story. Armand and his story swept me off my feet and took my breath away.

LOVE ANNE RICE!
Larious Valarian Zineheart

Greetings friends, i adore the books by Madam Ann Rice they are wonderfully detailed, the pictures that form in your head are amazing. keep up the good work my lady you are adored by many even the true damned ones like my self. V
Julieta

Well it's simply excellent. I would say it's my favourite one but there is Armand in Lestat too, and being the "bad guy" to make it better, so it's difficult to say. I like Anne Rice focusing in a specific moment, telling a single story and not crossovering (doest that word exist?) her stiores asshe does on Merrick, which left quite dissapointed to be honest. Anyway I think this is one of her best book mainly because she changes dramatically the narrative tone from an arrogant and vital Lestat to the gloomy and misterious Armand and finds the exact voice for the character, answering lots of questions about him and letting us know him better. about the sexual part, well I rather enjoy it and I think it'sso beautifully written that nobody could be offended. Anyway if you're homofobic don't read the book! and don't bother the ones who don't have any trouble with people' sexual choices...
I give this book a 5 over 5
Serenity Spencer

This has to be my favorite book out of the Vampire Chronicles. Armand's struggle is a harsh one, but shows the trued light on him and his ways.
Kayla S.

I think this book is excellent. Anne Rice descrbes everything very well and you can just about picture Armand as the story continues. This book attaches itself to you and when something happens within it, you feel it as if you were there. This book is, in my opinion, is good for people who like vampires, such as myself. This book is not really recommended for younger people, younger then myself (16), as there is some sexual content in it. I love this book and I highly recommend it.
victoria

"The Vampire Armand" is one of my favourite ones in the vampire chronicles. I love Anne Rices style of writing, the way she takes time to describe places like Venice and the paintings,and the inside of Marius`s house seems like a place I could spend a lifetime looking around. The love between Marius and Armand was beautiful and never vulgar (although quite erotic). I`m not gay by the way, but I couldn`t help just falling in love wiyh both of them. Towards the end of the book two new characters are brought in which I hope to read more about.
Guillermo

I think Anne Rice is one of the best writers of this time. She has a creative mind to write her novels and writes them to add suspense to the readers. When you read any of her books, you want to keep reading to find out what happens next. With The Vampire Armand, I read a lot and I was able to finish the book like in about a week and a half because there's so much suspense and kept me reading.
Bella

This book is one of the best installments of Anne Rices chronicle. It is described so deeply and you love Armand (even though he may not be alluring in earlier books).
Any gothic fan, horror fan or anne rice fan shoud read this book.

• Book Jacket: How to Build a Heart
    How to Build a Heart
    by Maria Padian
    Maria Padian is well-known for her motif of exploring teen reactions to social issues. Her novel ...
  • Book Jacket: Follow Me to Ground
    by Sue Rainsford
    Ada and her father are human-like beings who age slowly and possess the power to heal all illness. ...
  • Book Jacket: Children of the Land
    Children of the Land
    by Marcelo Hernandez Castillo
    In this exquisitely crafted memoir, Marcelo Hernandez Castillo describes coming of age as a young ...
  • Book Jacket: A Good Neighborhood
    A Good Neighborhood
    by Therese Anne Fowler
    After fictionalized biographies of Zelda Fitzgerald (Z, 2013) and Alva Vanderbilt (A Well-Behaved ...

Small Days and Nights
    by Tishani Doshi

A captivating and clear-eyed story of two sisters, set against the backdrop of modern India.

Cartier's Hope
    by M. J. Rose

A Gilded Age gem of ambition & betrayal from the author of New York Times bestseller, Tiffany Blues.

American Dirt
by Jeanine Cummins

"American Dirt is a Grapes of Wrath for our times."
—Don Winslow

Win The Lost Family

The Lost Family
by Libby Copeland

A deeply reported look at the rise of home genetic testing and the seismic shock it has had on individual lives.

A F I Need I A F I