What readers think of The Vampire Armand, plus links to write your own review.

The Vampire Armand

Sep 1999, 397 pages

There are currently 25 reader reviews for The Vampire Armand

noor

breath-taking
"The Vampire Armand" is my absolute favorite Anne Rice book. It is simply magical, touching, exciting, deep, wise, unforgettable. You can't help but fall in love with Armand, the forever young, beautiful and tragic hero of the story. Armand and his story swept me off my feet and took my breath away.

LOVE ANNE RICE!
Larious Valarian Zineheart

Greetings friends, i adore the books by Madam Ann Rice they are wonderfully detailed, the pictures that form in your head are amazing. keep up the good work my lady you are adored by many even the true damned ones like my self. V
Julieta

Well it's simply excellent. I would say it's my favourite one but there is Armand in Lestat too, and being the "bad guy" to make it better, so it's difficult to say. I like Anne Rice focusing in a specific moment, telling a single story and not crossovering (doest that word exist?) her stiores asshe does on Merrick, which left quite dissapointed to be honest. Anyway I think this is one of her best book mainly because she changes dramatically the narrative tone from an arrogant and vital Lestat to the gloomy and misterious Armand and finds the exact voice for the character, answering lots of questions about him and letting us know him better. about the sexual part, well I rather enjoy it and I think it'sso beautifully written that nobody could be offended. Anyway if you're homofobic don't read the book! and don't bother the ones who don't have any trouble with people' sexual choices...
I give this book a 5 over 5
Serenity Spencer

This has to be my favorite book out of the Vampire Chronicles. Armand's struggle is a harsh one, but shows the trued light on him and his ways.
Kayla S.

I think this book is excellent. Anne Rice descrbes everything very well and you can just about picture Armand as the story continues. This book attaches itself to you and when something happens within it, you feel it as if you were there. This book is, in my opinion, is good for people who like vampires, such as myself. This book is not really recommended for younger people, younger then myself (16), as there is some sexual content in it. I love this book and I highly recommend it.
victoria

"The Vampire Armand" is one of my favourite ones in the vampire chronicles. I love Anne Rices style of writing, the way she takes time to describe places like Venice and the paintings,and the inside of Marius`s house seems like a place I could spend a lifetime looking around. The love between Marius and Armand was beautiful and never vulgar (although quite erotic). I`m not gay by the way, but I couldn`t help just falling in love wiyh both of them. Towards the end of the book two new characters are brought in which I hope to read more about.
Guillermo

I think Anne Rice is one of the best writers of this time. She has a creative mind to write her novels and writes them to add suspense to the readers. When you read any of her books, you want to keep reading to find out what happens next. With The Vampire Armand, I read a lot and I was able to finish the book like in about a week and a half because there's so much suspense and kept me reading.
Bella

This book is one of the best installments of Anne Rices chronicle. It is described so deeply and you love Armand (even though he may not be alluring in earlier books).
Any gothic fan, horror fan or anne rice fan shoud read this book.

Join BookBrowse

and discover exceptional books
for just $3.75 per month.

• Book Jacket: Jackie & Me
    Jackie & Me
    by Louis Bayard
    Louis Bayard's Jackie & Me offers a fictionalized version of the early relationship between John F. ...
  • Book Jacket: The Facemaker
    The Facemaker
    by Lindsey Fitzharris
    The summer of 1914 saw the beginning of World War I, the bloody conflict known as the 'war to end ...
  • Book Jacket: How to Read Now
    How to Read Now
    by Elaine Castillo
    Toni Morrison once wrote, 'My project rises from delight, not disappointment.' This remark appeared ...
  • Book Jacket: Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow
    Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow
    by Gabrielle Zevin
    It's been more than 20 years since Michael Chabon's The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Klay won ...

Members Recommend

Some of It Was Real
    by Nan Fischer

A psychic on the verge of stardom and a cynical journalist are brought together by secrets that threaten to tear them apart.

Widowland
    by C. J. Carey

A thrilling feminist dystopian novel set in an alternate 1950s Britain under the control of the Third Reich.

Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.

I Wishes W H B W R