Reader reviews and comments on Vittorio The Vampire, plus links to write your own review.

Vittorio The Vampire

Feb 2001, 304 pages

There are currently 10 reader reviews for Vittorio The Vampire

sleepyfantasy (10/24/06)

Worth the Read
I absolutely loved this book! My only major complaint with it is the fact that it was a bit too religious for my liking. However, the plot and everything came across well, and I also liked the fact that someone who had never read the Vampire Chronicles could pick up the book and understand what was going on. Anywho, kudos to Anne Rice for making this book, and I'll probably read it again in the near future.
Traci (10/15/05)

Intreging!!!
This book, though vivid in ways, was extremely hard to put down most of the time. There should have been more time spent between Vittorio and Ursula, but it still painted a clear picture of their love. I rated it a five because I believe, personally, that vampire books are very interesting. But before picking this book up, I HIGHLY recommened picking up Maggie Shayne, "Twilight Hunger", exquisite!!!Good luck!!!
Amadeo (09/16/04)

I think this book could have gone a lot farther. IM a major fan of Rice's first four books, but afterwards her books became way to relegious for my taste. Now I could stand Memnoch THe Devil because it portrayed the devil in a unique light, but this book has a pooprly written plot, little chemistry between the two lovers, not to mention the three angels that Vittorio could suddenly see really screwed up a plot that had some promise. The ending was also horrible. The book didnt even explain how Vittorio survived the vampire apocolypse in "Queen of the Damned". I rated this book a two becaus it had promise, but like most of Rice's newer additions to the Vampire Chronicals, it is boring, long, and doesn't have enough about vampires.
victoria (06/24/04)

This is a book that can be read by someone who has never read any of the other books in the vampire series, because the storyline has nothing to do with any of the characters in other books. I loved it! Spooky, horrific, and full of suspense all the way through- love and r evenge at it`s best. Well done Anne Rice!
I started reading Anne Rice books a couple of years ago, although I`d been facinated by vampires and witches since I was 12. I`m 22 now.
Jessica (11/07/03)

I love the book, it is very intreging....it gave me a feel for ancient Italy, and since I'm part Italian it makes me feel at home even if he is a vampire. Also vampires are fasinating to me. It gives me a feeling of how vampires lived before the U.S. came into the picture for the vampires.
brandi (12/05/02)

I can read this book over and over again.It is wonderful in all aspects of the word.
alexandrea (11/27/02)

i thought this book was ok it was so diffrent. i dont know there was something about this book that bugged me. but i give it credit it was a good tale of a vamprie the world dos not know. but i did love the angels
Mary Levocz (10/02/02)

This book is amazing. i loved reading it and there were times when i couldnt put it down. i recomend it to everyone.

All Tomorrow's Parties
    by Rob Spillman
  • Book Jacket: Strangers in Their Own Land
    Strangers in Their Own Land
    by Arlie Russell Hochschild
  • Book Jacket: The Dry
    The Dry
    by Jane Harper
    After receiving a letter from his childhood friend's father, Aaron Falk, a Melbourne police officer ...

Home Sweet Home
    by April Smith

From the widely praised author of the FBI Special Agent Ana Grey series, a stunning novel set in the McCarthy era.

A Piece of the World
    by Christina Baker Kline

I always find it more difficult to say the things I mean than the things I don't.

K Your F C