Reader reviews and comments on When The Wind Blows, plus links to write your own review.

When The Wind Blows

by James Patterson

When The Wind Blows by James Patterson

Oct 1998, 416 pages
    Oct 1999, 419 pages

There are currently 26 reader reviews for When The Wind Blows

carol keyes (03/08/10)

when the wind blows and lake house
I thought they were both great books but have wondered when he is going to do a follow up on the 2nd generation of bird kids. I have been waiting a long time and have all the max books except the latest one
Anna (12/31/09)

When The Wind Blows
I had just recently finished When the Wind Blows and was very pleased on what I was reading. James Patterson is a extremely excellent writer and I am very excited on reading The Lake House, his second book on this story line. I love Max, Frannie, Kit/Tom, and all the others and I'm very curious on what will happen in his second book
Bailey (11/29/09)

Why the When the wind blows, blows.
To be honest, I love James Patterson's books. Just not When the wind blows and The Lake House. I have read Maximum Ride books and loved them till the 4th book, then it just gets silly. When I heard there was a book that was just like Maximum Ride, I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. So I read it. When the Wind Blows is said to not have anything to deal with Maximum Ride. Sure, fine with me. But they are so much alike, which in time will confuse people. It also has a immature writing. Not his best. The details suck, and it doesn't flow well. I truly believe that if he rewrote it, it would be ten times better. It's like a kids book with swearing and sex. The idea of the book AMAZING!!! But the book itself is poorly written.
Dabooty or Darbsta (05/20/08)

AWESOME!!!!!!!!
This book is very, very, good. James Patterson used so much detail that I felt like I was actually in the story. I would stay up until 12:00 every night because I could not put the book down.
I look forward to reading more of his books. So far I have read all four Maximum Rides and When the Wind Blows and I plan to read the rest of his books. Me and my family hope that he writes many more books for us to read. I hope he just keeps thinking the way he did when he wrote his earlier books. GOOD JOB!
Alexandria (03/04/08)

Incredible!
As I read the book, I felt such a chill crawl down my back. I felt as though I was there, I was Max. Her fear became mine, every word of every sentence helped my imagination expand and draw out exactly what was happening in the story. As I slept, the story would play in my head as if it were a movie that I had just watched. Every page I read was intense, I could not help myself but to keep reading. Unable to stop, it became an addiction until i had read every page in the book. Only one word to explain the book, what I should have just said to summarize all the above... Amazing!!
Devin D. (04/20/06)

Book Review
I thought When the Wind Blows was a very exciting and refreshing book. I wasn't too sure about it, what with it being about bird-people and whatnot. But it really surprised me. I thought the storyline was catchy and entertaining. It kept me wanting to turn to the next page. I would definitely reccomend this book for others to read. It's got a mix of science fiction, adventure, and a little bit of romance. Just about everything rolled into one book. It's one of Patterson's better books, and I can't wait to read the sequel.
Holly Norman (04/18/06)

Incredible
I thought this book was very well written and intriguing. I enjoyed it very much and can not wait until I get to read the next book in the series or any book written by James Patterson. My mother also enjoyed this book very much. It had it all romance, adventure, drama, everything it was a perfect masterpiece.
christine (02/08/05)

This is a great book! I was hooked from the first page until the last. I like its fast pace and its surprises. I especially like Max and her lines. Patterson really made her up to be a very smart girl. I think it's a cross between a sci-fi/medical thriller novel and I just love it! I can't wait to read its sequel. I've read a lot of Patterson's novels but this is the best so far!

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: Music of the Ghosts

The Nest
by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney

No One Is Coming to Save Us
    by Stephanie Powell Watts

One of Entertainment Weekly, Nylon and Elle's most anticipated books of 2017.

Manderley Forever
    by Tatiana de Rosnay

Bestselling author Tatiana de Rosnay pays homage to Daphne du Maurier.

If there is anything more dangerous to the life of the mind than having no independent commitment to ideas...

Y S M B, I'll S Y