Reader reviews and comments on Where The Heart Is, plus links to write your own review.

Where The Heart Is

May 1998, 376 pages

There are currently 64 reader reviews for Where The Heart Is

gilberte

Where the Heart is
I finally took this book off my shelf after many many years. I have no idea why I never read it but I must say I loved every minute of it.It must have been a question of "so many books so little time". Anyway I could not put it down and now that I have finished it I will pass it on to everyone!
Mandy

Best Book(:
This book is so amazing. It shows that no matter how far down the road you are, good or bad, you can always find people who love you and care about you, for YOU(: Novalee's story is life changing and it shows how you can change your life if you want to. I recommend this book to everyone who is willing to read it. It will change your life and the way you look at things forever(:
nichol

I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!!!
My teacher told me that M would like it, but I said I don't know but I would give it a chance. I'm glade I did because this is the best book. I could not stop reading this book and I would tell everyone about it; I cried and laughed and got angry with this book because it is so good. I thought I was a part of her life.
Brittany

Where The Heart Is
This book is an easy read; once you get started you won’t want to put it down. It is filled with laughter and love. You feel as if you are one of Novalee’s friends and like you’re in the story with her. You feel her pain when she suffers a loss and you feel her happiness when she realizes she’s in love. In the story Novalee has to learn and grow with new friends and creates a family of her own even though it’s not the family she was born into its still her family. This book is a book that anyone can read and I suggest that they do read it.
Jessica

I loved reading “Where the Heart is.” I felt like I was going on a journey with Novalee. It truly was an amazing story that I encourage everyone to read. This book was filled with love, laughter, little and big mishaps that made it a story I’ll never forget.
Teresa

I’ve never spent the night in a Wal-Mart let alone had a child. I had never heard of Sequoyah, Oklahoma or had superstitions of the number seven. Yet I felt completely different after reading “Where the Heart Is”. Billie Letts took me on a reader’s journey that I never would have expected from looking at the cover of the book. Growing up isn’t the same for everyone and seventeen year old Novalee Nation found this out first hand. Yet she made the best of her situations and cherished each new thing she gained.

As I started to read the book, I pictured Novalee as a young, innocent girl still living at home with her parents. Letts portrayed her innocence very well, yet Novalee handled the pregnancy with an amazing maturity. By the end, I could see her transformation and knew that she had grown up and finally found herself.

This romantic comedy kept my attention throughout the whole thing and I read it in nearly a day. It was an easy read but was still so detailed that you could feel the characters' emotions running through you, from laughing at its humorous parts to crying at the serious ones. After finishing it, I felt like I grew right up with Novalee and was part of her life.

Billie Letts will lead you through this engaging novel with more than you expect. She got the idea for the book by shopping in Wal-Mart and thinking you could live there and have everything you need. I recommend it to anyone who is ready for an emotional journey that will make you believe in friendship and the power of love. Read this book to find out the lives of these amazing characters and more importantly, where the heart is.
Stephensa

Wonderful
This book is a required book for my class at North High School. It is a wonderful book that is easy to read and understand. I am not a regular reader but am so into this book that I am five chapters ahead of my class. It is very meaningful and at the same time comical. There are many unusual and hilarious characters that really make this book stand out above any other. I would recommend this book to everyone.
no name

wowowow
This book was one of the best books I have read in all my life.It touches you like your having her problems. I'm an author and I am amazed.

• Book Jacket: Women Talking
    Women Talking
    by Miriam Toews
    Miriam Toews' Women Talking is a circadian novel, unfolding over a span of just a few hours and ...
  • Book Jacket: Confessions of an Innocent Man
    Confessions of an Innocent Man
    by David R. Dow
    It is circumstance that carries the wave that sweeps trendy Houston restaurateur Rafael Zhettah to ...
  • Book Jacket: Memories of the Future
    Memories of the Future
    by Siri Hustvedt
    I've never kept a journal, but my mother has written in hers for years, the annual volumes she's ...
  • Book Jacket: Professor Chandra Follows His Bliss
    Professor Chandra Follows His Bliss
    by Rajeev Balasubramanyam
    Rajeev Balasubramanyam encapsulates the theme of Professor Chandra Follows his Bliss in its first ...

When We Left Cuba
    by Chanel Cleeton

An exhilarating historical novel from the author of Next Year in Havana, a Reese Witherspoon Book Club pick.

Greek to Me
    by Mary Norris

The Comma Queen returns with a buoyant book about language, love, and the wine-dark sea.

Book Club
An American Marriage
by Tayari Jones

A masterpiece of storytelling, and a 2018 Oprah's Book Club Selection.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win Ecstasy

Win copies to share with friends or your book club!

Ecstasy reveals the true Alma Mahler: composer, author, daughter, mother, wife, lover, and muse.

A B Penny A T U