Reader reviews and comments on Bag of Bones, plus links to write your own review.

Bag of Bones

by Stephen King

Bag of Bones by Stephen King X
Bag of Bones by Stephen King

Sep 1998, 529 pages
    May 1999, 732 pages

There are currently 13 reader reviews for Bag of Bones

Laura H.

I loved this book because it wasn't just a horror story, but it was also a love story, mixed with twists and turns. King's characterization is so detailed that the reader feels as if he/she knows the characters personally. Some of the foreshadowing he uses is actually creepy but keeps the reader reading!
Swinger

This is a MasterPiece for the lovers of Stephen King. Although this was my second book it got me hooked to his style. The past is so wonderfully interwoven with the present bringing psychology, mystique and mystery into a most realistic setting. The first paragraph captivates to the last page. Excellent.
Sage

This is a really really great book ive read it up to 13 times because it just sticks to me
Nick

This book was excellent, it is written in first person....so I felt like mike noonan (the main caracter)was there telling me his story. I read it in about 3 days, and I will probably read it again. It is by far my favorite stephen king book
Michelle H.

This book was excellent!! I've never been so intrigued and in suspense with any other book. Once you start reading it's hard to put it down. I give this book a very enthusiastically thumbs up!!!
Norma

It is great!! It didn't need blood or any of that stuff, it was well thought out and written.
Sara Antonelli

Hands down the best novel King has written to date. It is equally terrifying, mysterious, and touching, with a great ending.

As the master of the ghost story has done before, Stephen King's Bag of Bones gives the reader incredible suspense, bone-chilling jolts, and a cast of unforgettable characters and palpable setting. What makes Bag of Bones different, however, is the heart-retching story of a man's struggle with grief, longing, and his own ghosts amid a world saturated with the ghosts of the past. Anyone looking for a mystery, a ghost story, but most of all anyone looking for a beautiful, enduring love story, this one is for you.

• Book Jacket: The Pianist from Syria
    The Pianist from Syria
    by Aeham Ahmad
    Ahmad and his PianoAeham Ahmad became famous as the face of Syrian suffering when a photo of him playing piano in the ...
  • Book Jacket: The Smiling Man
    The Smiling Man
    by Joseph Knox
    Joseph Knox's latest turns on a simple premise: an unidentified and unidentifiable murdered man is ...
  • Book Jacket: The Heavens
    The Heavens
    by Sandra Newman
    I've been a big fan of Sandra Newman's writing ever since reading her 2014 novel The Country of Ice ...
  • Book Jacket: Sugar Run
    Sugar Run
    by Mesha Maren
    Mesha Maren's debut novel is a plunge into the depths of the dark Southern gothic with pulsing and ...

A People's History of Heaven
    by Mathangi Subramanian

A story of love and friendship, and fighting for the places we love.

The Last Year of the War
    by Susan Meissner

A little-known story of WWII with great resonance for our times.

Book Club
Girls Burn Brighter
by Shobha Rao

An extraordinary and heart-rending tale of two girls with all the odds against them.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win The Summer Country

Win up to 12 copies to share with friends or your book club!

A sweeping epic of lost love, lies, jealousy, and rebellion set in colonial Barbados.

D T T! Full S A!