Reader reviews and comments on Firebird, plus links to write your own review.

Firebird

by Janice Graham

Firebird

Jun 1998, 301 pages
    Jul 1999, 335 pages

There are currently 14 reader reviews for Firebird

Resmi C.V (05/29/05)

Review
Life, at times, may give you what you want. But, most of the time, it gives you what you need! I read this book at a time when my life was at crossroads. There were a lot of choices I had to make and none of them were easy, atleast they were not for me. But, after reading this book, I realized the Essence and Importance of doing good with the time that we are given in this world. Congratulations and Thank you, Janice Graham, for this Extraordianry piece of literature !
Alana (01/16/05)

i loved this novel!!!!
Anonymous (02/25/04)

This book contains a magical story brought to life in such a convincing way that I feel honored to now have these characters to take with me wherever I go. Reading this book humbled and inspired me to look at life and creativity in a way I have not before. This story of love, loss, responsibility and redemption happens all around us every day and to experience it such reminds me how wonderful life can and should be. My thanks to Ms. Graham for sharing her art with us.
Mary Beth Bennett (08/21/03)

I've been listening to this Novel on audiotape during my commute to and from work,
I've been drawn to the the characters and rich images like a moth to flame.
I anticipate the ending and the next novel from this author.
Judi Rucker (07/09/03)

I can't believe I started reading Firebird and could not put it down. I fell in love with the characters and did not want this book to end... I cried and cried toward the end and then went to bed happy after I'd finished the last page. Awesome story and I can't wait to read more books by this author. Janice Graham is definately going to be on the best sellers list always. Definately a "Good Read".
Patti (02/21/03)

I have been reading practically non-stop since I began to teach myself the alphabet at the age of five. I have read anything and everything that has come my way, good or bad, because of my passion for the printed word.

Never before - and I am 50 years old - have I read a book that has touched me so deeply. The depth of pain and suffering contained within the souls of these characters reached out to me and held me in its grip from cover to cover, but the final, ultimate celebration of love lifted me high again. I will never forget this book, and I'm ready to begin reading it over again, right now.

Joy Healey (09/05/02)

I, too, was enthralled with this first time author's book and have read it three times and recently recommended it to my book club. The author writes beautifully and her words bring the book to life. It is a very moving story and weaves the lives of her many characters into a book that is hard to put down or forget.
Maran Greenway (08/25/02)

I am an avid reader, and am very picky about what I read. Every once in a while, a book comes along that I want to read over and over again, and never want to put down. Firebird is one of those books. Janice Graham, in my opinion, is one of the best authors out there, and I really wish she would write more books.

• Book Jacket: Harmony

Circling the Sun
by Paula McLain

Win Blood at the Root

Blood at the Root

"A gripping, timely, and important examination of American racism."
- PW Starred Review