Reader reviews and comments on Welcome To The World, Baby Girl, plus links to write your own review.

Welcome To The World, Baby Girl

by Fannie Flagg

Welcome To The World, Baby Girl

Sep 1998, 467 pages
    Dec 1999, 396 pages

There are currently 20 reader reviews for Welcome To The World, Baby Girl

Mitch (10/20/15)

Character Time Conflict of Norma & Macky
My favorite Fanny Flagg book and just like Fried Green Tomatoes, Ms. Flagg's story line jumps effortlessly from the past to the current time. However, and I know this is being picky and I will just have to accept it, but in "Fried Green Tomatoes", that story tells us on Nov 27. 1986, Stump Threadgoode is visiting his daughter Norma Warren, her husband Macky and their daughter, Linda, who are living in Atlanta, Georgia. Meanwhile, back in Elmwood Springs, Missouri, in 1987, in "WTTWBG", the story tells us Norma and Macky Warren are alive and well. From reading the story, we know they have been living there since at least 1948, as written in the preface (they were engaged at that time). So, I know its picky, but it still drives me crazy to have these two characters incorrectly placed time wise in the two stories. And actually, I don't see that it was necessary to have Macky, Norma and Linda Warren in FGT. It was a brief mention towards the end of the story, but since I discovered this time discrepancy, it still bothers me whenever I go back and read these stories.
alyssa clegg (02/26/10)

welcome to the world baby girl stinks
The book stinks because it is horribly long and very boring I mean where's the theme? Come on it sucks. Everybody is obsessing over it and I don't understand why . In my own words I would say boring.
Mrs. Marie 99 (01/08/10)

Another Good one!
I am not a big reader... To be quiet honest I do not really read at all... But when we got assigned to do an author project at school and my teacher told me to read a story by an author named Fannie Flagg... I spent hours looking at a lot of the stories she has wrote and none of them really sounded like anything I would really sit down and read.... boy was I wrong... I checked out the book Welcome to the World, Baby Girl by Fannie Flagg, and I totally fell in love with this story and the author herself
Mandy Perry (12/12/04)

The novel was excellent! I had to chose a novel to read to english class and I am glad I chose this novel! I could not put the novel done it was that good.
Sheila Ryan (04/27/04)

Does anyone know where I may be able to attain a copy of the list of characters in this book?
My mom has a difficult time remembering things like this, and a compiled list briefly describing the characters would be very helpful.

Thanks!
Tina (08/21/03)

A book that truly captures your heart with the protaganist. Highly recommended.
marty (04/30/02)

I think this book is great! When I went to the public library of my town, I was absolutely undecided about what to take, but when I read "Pane,cose e cappuccino dal foranio di Elmwood Springs" (because here in Italy the tilte is that) by Fannie Flagg, I thought " What a strange title is this...." but when I read the first rows of the novel I realized that it was the book I was looking for. And so was.
I think Fannie looks at the family as a gift, so home become part of us, this is the key of the book.
I know I'm not a good reviwer and I also know my english is not good, but I hope you can understand what I would say. Thanx and bye
-Marty-
Deirdre Graham (04/14/02)

I happened upon Baby Girl and when I saw it had been penned by the author of Fried Green Tomatoes (an absolute favourite film) I bought it. Am I glad I did. One of those rare books I hated finishing - wanted it to go on and on. The characters are simply wonderful and I could imagine myself in that little town with them, living the simple life. Ahhhhhh. A highly recommendable book. Anxiously awaiting another book from Ms Flagg.
Cheers - Deirdre from Down Under