Reader reviews and comments on Bridget Jones's Diary, plus links to write your own review.

Bridget Jones's Diary

May 1999, 267 pages

There are currently 23 reader reviews for Bridget Jones's Diary

Lisa

Wonderful
I´m from Germany and I read the book because I had do to at school. but I think it´s very good and funny and I like to read it. But sometimes it was difficult for me to understand all. And so I can´t say if the book is the same like the film, or if there are some differences.
Kerry

Fantastic
Of course the book is all about Bridget's feelings and emotions....it's a diary!! I think anyone, man or woman, would quietly admit to themselves the selfish thoughts they have when something terrible happens to someone they know, Bridget is just doing that in her diary. The book provides an excellent outlet for anyone woman who feels the pressures of impending singledom, rubbish careers and crazy parents and it makes the reader see that IT'S OK NOT TO BE PERFECT! We love Bridget 'cos she is fun, honest and finds true love even though she is (shock! horror!) average and has arse the size of Brazil. Obviously not for everyone but one of the best reads I have come across and a must for any single girl :)
Ezhik

Well, Hello!
I'm from Russia! I must say, that Helen Filding is one of the most popular writer nowadays, of course after the film being released. Wonderful!!!!!!!!!
Una

The film was great but the book was even better. I can't stop reading them and I can't wait for the third one to come out . Come on Helen...Write Away! You are my favourite author.
Yanitsa Kazantseva

Excellent book
Nicola

I am 12 years old. I think Bridget Jone's Diary is one of the best books i've read. I love books and/or films that have alot of funny parts in them that never wears off and I also love it how there is alot of romance, and emotions in the book. The movie is good but the book is better because the movie doeznt incluse all of the gags and things that are in the book :)
Sarah

I do not usually read for enjoyment. I saw the movie and decided to pick up the book. It was brilliant, hilarious, and I could hardly put it down. After reading it, I felt like Bridget Jones could be my best friend(or maybe she was talking about me). I can't wait to read the sequel!
kieran wilson

it was amazin but the film was bril

• Book Jacket: Confessions of an Innocent Man
    Confessions of an Innocent Man
    by David R. Dow
    It is circumstance that carries the wave that sweeps trendy Houston restaurateur Rafael Zhettah to ...
  • Book Jacket: Memories of the Future
    Memories of the Future
    by Siri Hustvedt
    I've never kept a journal, but my mother has written in hers for years, the annual volumes she's ...
  • Book Jacket: Professor Chandra Follows His Bliss
    Professor Chandra Follows His Bliss
    by Rajeev Balasubramanyam
    Rajeev Balasubramanyam encapsulates the theme of Professor Chandra Follows his Bliss in its first ...
  • Book Jacket: The Workshop and the World
    The Workshop and the World
    by Robert P. Crease
    The longest glacier in France, the Mer de Glace, is losing roughly 12 feet of ice height each year. ...

Greek to Me
    by Mary Norris

The Comma Queen returns with a buoyant book about language, love, and the wine-dark sea.

The Affairs of the Falcóns
    by Melissa Rivero

A beautiful, urgent novel about the lengths one woman is willing to go to build a new life.

Book Club
An American Marriage
by Tayari Jones

A masterpiece of storytelling, and a 2018 Oprah's Book Club Selection.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win Ecstasy

Win copies to share with friends or your book club!

Ecstasy reveals the true Alma Mahler: composer, author, daughter, mother, wife, lover, and muse.

A B Penny A T U