Reader reviews and comments on Another City, Not My Own, plus links to write your own review.

Another City, Not My Own

A novel in the form of a memoir

by Dominick Dunne

Another City, Not My Own by Dominick Dunne X
Another City, Not My Own by Dominick Dunne

Oct 1997, 360 pages
    Jan 1999, 406 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Another City, Not My Own

Shannon

As a long-time journalist who has covered many a homicide trial, I was fascinated by Mr. Dunne's work. He continues to be one of my favorite writers. The subtle nuances that are a part of a murder trial were deftly covered in his descriptions. I felt I had covered the case myself. I am curious. In a list of credits to director Robert Altman, "Another City, Not My Own," is listed as a 1999 credit. Does anyone know if this has been released in any form? I would so look forward to seeing it.

Thank you.
Mel Martello

I loved the book! Pure entertainment. I totally agree with Mr. Dunne that O.J. killed Nicole and Ron and that the story was compelling to most of America. I always love it when people tell it like it is!
Phyllis McKay

This is "THE" Dominick Dunne book - absolutely fabulous. I've never read a book of his that I've been disappointed in.
George Bohmfalk

I thought this book was a shameful waste of time. Had I known it was merely a somewhat fictionalized acount of the OJ trial, I would never have even begun it. Having done so, I hoped that this would at least and at last offer some "truth" in that horrible episode. It probably did, but the name-changing (only his own and his family's-- or others about whom he writes some embarrassing things? Who knows?) and absurd murder of the "author" by the guy who actually did murder Gianni Versace leaves one completely unsatisfied and hostile-- was anything at all in the book true? I don't understand why Dunne chose to take this silly dodge rather than saying, "Here it is, as told to me; this is what I believe and this is what I discount." If his choice was a legal/slander dodge, shame on him, because what we're given is virtually worthless to all except pathetic addicts of celebrity name-dropping.

• Book Jacket: That Time I Loved You
    That Time I Loved You
    by Carianne Leung
    Carrianne Leung was a Toronto Book Award finalist for That Time I Loved You as well as for her debut...
  • Book Jacket: The Pianist from Syria
    The Pianist from Syria
    by Aeham Ahmad
    Aeham Ahmad became famous as the face of Syrian suffering when a photo of him playing piano in the ...
  • Book Jacket: The Smiling Man
    The Smiling Man
    by Joseph Knox
    Joseph Knox's latest turns on a simple premise: an unidentified and unidentifiable murdered man is ...
  • Book Jacket: The Heavens
    The Heavens
    by Sandra Newman
    I've been a big fan of Sandra Newman's writing ever since reading her 2014 novel The Country of Ice ...

A People's History of Heaven
    by Mathangi Subramanian

A story of love and friendship, and fighting for the places we love.

American Princess
    by Stephanie Marie Thornton

Rated 4.9 stars by BookBrowse members - one of the highest scores of all time!

Book Club
Girls Burn Brighter
by Shobha Rao

An extraordinary and heart-rending tale of two girls with all the odds against them.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win The Summer Country

Win up to 12 copies to share with friends or your book club!

A sweeping epic of lost love, lies, jealousy, and rebellion set in colonial Barbados.

D T T! Full S A!