Reader reviews and comments on Another City, Not My Own, plus links to write your own review.

Another City, Not My Own

A novel in the form of a memoir

by Dominick Dunne

Another City, Not My Own

Oct 1997, 360 pages
    Jan 1999, 406 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Another City, Not My Own

Shannon (05/29/03)

As a long-time journalist who has covered many a homicide trial, I was fascinated by Mr. Dunne's work. He continues to be one of my favorite writers. The subtle nuances that are a part of a murder trial were deftly covered in his descriptions. I felt I had covered the case myself. I am curious. In a list of credits to director Robert Altman, "Another City, Not My Own," is listed as a 1999 credit. Does anyone know if this has been released in any form? I would so look forward to seeing it.

Thank you.
Mel Martello (06/18/02)

I loved the book! Pure entertainment. I totally agree with Mr. Dunne that O.J. killed Nicole and Ron and that the story was compelling to most of America. I always love it when people tell it like it is!
George Bohmfalk (06/12/02)

I thought this book was a shameful waste of time. Had I known it was merely a somewhat fictionalized acount of the OJ trial, I would never have even begun it. Having done so, I hoped that this would at least and at last offer some "truth" in that horrible episode. It probably did, but the name-changing (only his own and his family's-- or others about whom he writes some embarrassing things? Who knows?) and absurd murder of the "author" by the guy who actually did murder Gianni Versace leaves one completely unsatisfied and hostile-- was anything at all in the book true? I don't understand why Dunne chose to take this silly dodge rather than saying, "Here it is, as told to me; this is what I believe and this is what I discount." If his choice was a legal/slander dodge, shame on him, because what we're given is virtually worthless to all except pathetic addicts of celebrity name-dropping.
Phyllis McKay (04/13/02)

This is "THE" Dominick Dunne book - absolutely fabulous. I've never read a book of his that I've been disappointed in.

• Book Jacket: So Say the Fallen
    by Brit Bennett
    by Tom Jackson

The Comet Seekers
    by Helen Sedgwick

A magical, intoxicating debut novel, both intimate and epic.

Cruel Beautiful World
    by Caroline Leavitt

The Next
    by Stephanie Gangi

Fast-paced, wickedly observant, and haunting in the best sense of the word.