Reader reviews and comments on The Lion's Game, plus links to write your own review.

The Lion's Game

by Nelson DeMille

The Lion's Game

Jan 2000, 528 pages
    Nov 2000, 944 pages

There are currently 6 reader reviews for The Lion's Game

G (08/26/11)
My personal favorite book of my life so far. It would be a tragedy to ruin John Coreys image in my head by Nick Cage stinking up the screen with his horrible acting. Clooney is alright, I'm thinking younger. Maybe Jeremy Renner, either way this book is made for the big screen, hope they do it right!
Anonymous (12/27/04)

Wonderful Book i hope there could be a second part
Anonymous (09/21/04)

I ahve thoroughly enjoyed The Lion's game, although I wish Asad <<edited for potential plot spoiler content>>. Perhaps it would be better to leave it until the next part. I really hope it comes up soon, and please inform me on this forum what it will be called, so that I can get it. Thanks. C you
John E. Pollock (09/09/03)

"Lions Game" was my introduction to the work of Mr. De Mille in July last year. Superb! Working in Libya at the time as I was added somewhat to my thorough enjoyment of a totally plausible, riveting storyline. Afraid my copy has become somewhat tatty nowas just about everyone of my fellow expats has borrowed it. A must make for a movie with George Clooney/ Nicholas Cage as Det Corey and Nicole Kidman as his partner. Art Malik as the Lion. Since then I have not been dissapointed at all with "Rivers of Babylon" - surely one of the paciest stories ever told (if not an infantry mans handbook as well). "Up Country" - never been to Vietnam but know what to look out for if I ever do with the nastiest sounding bad guy in print! Also a great movie with cast as above. "Plum Island" - read it after Lions Game just terrific. "Charm School"- perhaps the best of its kind and another great movie crying out to be made. "Gold Coast" - a trifle long winded perhaps in getting to what I thought was the inevitable but still a can't put down. "Mayday" - I am still a frequent flyer despite this terrific tale but I'm sure others who may have read it are not. "Talbot Odyssey" and "Cathedral" two terrific tales instrumental in my making my first trip to New York City earlier this year. Will have to wait until I'm at an airport bookshop again in two weeks time for my next fix of DeMille who has taken over as my favourite author ever. Looks like "Save the Day"
Ruth A. Permisa (07/26/03)

I am just an amateur reader but after reading The General's daughter of DeMille, i did crave for more DeMille's novels. I have also read The Plum Island. But what really amazed me a lot is its sequel, The Lion's Game. I was really absorbed by the book that i'm not able to do other things but finishing the story. Despite of my hectic schedule as diligent student, I really spend my time in a wise way by reading DeMille's book.
Lion's Game is a fantastic novel. John Corey fascinates me a lot. DeMille has this twitching in the plot of the story that is really enjoyable. Although Asad Khalil has not yet been caught, I'm expecting that he should have been. Well, I am really anticipating for the squel of The Lion's Game. I really want to have justice on the mass murder at JFK Airport. See, I was really moved by the story.
Anonymous (08/12/01)

DeMille is an old pro, and you'll see why in "The Lion's Game". He brings back smart-alecky John Corey in the first person and despite the occasionally annoying humor, gives the reader a sense of what it's like to be part of a team hunting the most feared terrorist in the world, with all the trepidation, bureaucracy, and fact spinning one might expect here. But he really saves his strength in the motivations behind Asad Khalil and while you certainly don't sympathize with the Libyan, you can almost understand where he's coming from. The juxtaposition of the two points of view are handled well, and the book is a good cat-and-mouse tale in its simplest sense. Combine intelligence, raw humor, sex, knowledge of military and police procedures, human drama and pulp fiction and you have a typical DeMille novel. This is his best since "The Charm School". Highly recommended.

• Book Jacket: Crossing the Horizon
    Crossing the Horizon
    by Laurie Notaro
  • Book Jacket: Of Arms and Artists
    Of Arms and Artists
    by Paul Staiti

Les Parisiennes
    by Anne Sebba

How the women of Paris lived, loved, and died under Nazi occupation.