Reader reviews and comments on Coast Road, plus links to write your own review.

Coast Road

by Barbara Delinsky

Coast Road by Barbara Delinsky X
Coast Road by Barbara Delinsky

Apr 1999, 368 pages
    May 1999, 447 pages

There are currently 9 reader reviews for Coast Road

Anonymous (11/02/02)

I enjoyed this book very much. Sometimes in a marriage you take the other person for granted and get caught up in the "big picture". This book makes you realize that and makes you want to remember why you fell in love in the first place.

Robert T. Hall
"Coast Road" is a deep human story of family life that you can't put down. The author must have lived parts of the tense phases of this delightful story. Thank you, Barbara Delinsky !

Linda McKeown
I could not put this book down. It is so filled with emotion. It was a pleasure seeing Jack making a stronger connection with his daughters. I felt this story showed a great sense of what family, friends and neighbors are all about. You never know when everything you hold dear could change in an instant. A must read!!!!

Carol Driscoll
I have read and enjoyed many Barbara Delinsky books, but Coast Road is by far my favorite. I became so involved in the story and so attached to the characters that I am miserable to have finished it. I want more of these people...more of their story....maybe a sequel book, Barbara?

Chris M.
I love it when the book I'm reading lets me picture the entire setting, story, etc. Coast Road was wonderful--I passed it along to a friend who also couldn't put it down. When's the movie??

Ann
This book was touching, humorous and thoughtful, bringing up many issues on many levels, bypassing the clichés of how men and women act and relate. The characters and the dialogue are so real they almost jump off the page in their human strength and weakness. This book is a winner.

Holly Burner
Coast Road came as a wonderful surprise to me. I bought it as a "trash novel" to read at the airport. I finally read it giving birth to our third child (a boy), and discovered a novel where the relationships of husband/wife and parent/children and humanity/God (if you will via Faith) are strong and right and good rather than spineless and weak. Thank you.

Diane Welch
I could not put this book down, I was so upset that the book ended, I wanted it to go on and on. It made me think about relationships, life and really what is important in life. A must read !!!!

• Book Jacket: Timekeepers
  • Book Jacket: Mothers of Sparta
    Mothers of Sparta
    by Dawn Davies
    What it's about:
    The tagline on the back cover of Mothers of Sparta says it all: "Some women...
  • Book Jacket: Fortress America
    Fortress America
    by Elaine Tyler May

The Women in the Castle by Jessica Shattuck

As Bright as Heaven
    by Susan Meissner

A story of a family reborn through loss and love in Philadelphia during the flu epidemic of 1918.

Next Year in Havana
    by Chanel Cleeton

a Cuban-American woman travels to Havana, where she finds a family secret hidden since the revolution.

These are not books, lumps of lifeless paper, but minds alive on the shelves

G O T P, B The P, F T P