Reader reviews and comments on Girl With A Pearl Earring, plus links to write your own review.

Girl With A Pearl Earring

by Tracy Chevalier

Girl With A Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier X
Girl With A Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier

Dec 1999, 240 pages
    Dec 2000, 240 pages

There are currently 55 reader reviews for Girl With A Pearl Earring

debbie franchise (12/09/10)

fgirl with a pearl earring
I read this book because of my English class and at first I thought I would hate it, but I fell in love. it is one of my favorites. you don't have to love painting to enjoy this book. It is interesting reading it while you look at the paintings discussed in it. Two thumbs up for sure!
Rachel (10/19/09)

Captivating...
This book really takes you into their world... a very thrilling and experience. After the first page, I just couldn't put it down. I enjoyed reading this book and so will you!
mimi (12/27/05)

Girl with a Pearl Earring
I thought that this book was good but it has a little to much detail. The ending was pretty upsetting but the message was good. I wish I could have found chapter summaries for this book so that I wouldn't have to go through all the unecessary detail.
Meredith (02/24/05)

Despite what some say about loving the book and then being disappointed by the ending, I disagree. You have to look at the whole book and when you do you realise that what Griet did was right for her at that time. Anything else would have been a lie to the boook and to the characters and the time. If you do not realsie this then you are not looking hard enough. Trust me you can do it, I'm only fifteen and I can. Overall I would say that I am better off having read this book. All I can say is that I hope the movie doesn't ruin it.
Amanda (02/10/05)

This is a beautifully written novel. When you read it you feel as if you are looking through Griets eyes.
S.B (01/20/05)

an astounding and captivating novel about Vermeer's art and 17th century life in Delft
Aryn (12/27/04)

This is a great book for people who love art and/or history
I.K. (12/12/04)

Just another silly and shallow book. But the film is even worse..

• Book Jacket: How to Stop Time
    How to Stop Time
    by Matt Haig
  • Book Jacket: Mothers of Sparta
    Mothers of Sparta
    by Dawn Davies
    What it's about:
    The tagline on the back cover of Mothers of Sparta says it all: "Some women...
  • Book Jacket: Fortress America
    Fortress America
    by Elaine Tyler May
  • Book Jacket: The Friend
    The Friend
    by Sigrid Nunez
    Sigrid Nunez is one of the most underrated authors writing today. Her work is so lovely, so ...

The Women in the Castle by Jessica Shattuck

Only Child
    by Rhiannon Navin

As Bright as Heaven
    by Susan Meissner

A story of a family reborn through loss and love in Philadelphia during the flu epidemic of 1918.

Win The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore

The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore

A gripping novel from the award-winning author of For Today I Am a Boy.

G O T P, B The P, F T P