Reader reviews and comments on We Need New Names, plus links to write your own review.

We Need New Names

by NoViolet Bulawayo

We Need New Names by NoViolet Bulawayo

May 2013, 304 pages
    May 2014, 320 pages

Naomi Benaron

There is 1 reader review for We Need New Names

Power Reviewer Mal (10/01/13)

We Need New Names
Bulawayo’s style is impressive. She manages to capture Zimbabwe and the United States through the eyes of Darling, a 10 year old girl. Bulawayo's words paint a clear yet lyrical message of life in Zimbabwe, a country in turmoil for decades under autocratic rule. We follow Darling as she assimilates to life in the United Sates - a country so strange to Darling in every way. Searching for her identity far away from home has an air of sadness as well an endearing quality as Darling navigates her way through her new home while yearning for her homeland, family and friends. We Need New Names is a powerful and unforgettable story.

Discover your next great read here

The Nest
by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney

Manderley Forever
    by Tatiana de Rosnay

Bestselling author Tatiana de Rosnay pays homage to Daphne du Maurier.

No One Is Coming to Save Us
    by Stephanie Powell Watts

One of Entertainment Weekly, Nylon and Elle's most anticipated books of 2017.

The library is the temple of learning, and learning has liberated more people than all the wars in history

Y S M B, I'll S Y