MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on Harvest, plus links to write your own review.

by Jim Crace

Feb 2013, 224 pages
    Nov 2013, 224 pages

Lisa Guidarini

There is 1 reader review for Harvest

Power Reviewer Diane S. (05/03/13)

Harvest
Had a very hard time rating this book. The writing is outstanding, time and place one can imagine what living here is like. and an unreliable narrator. The tone is foreboding, a little like children of the corn, but much better prose. My problem is partly the pacing, which moves so slowly, also one can only read so much about grain harvest, chaff and pigs also I am not sure I liked the ending. Anyway very atmospheric, story is good once it gets going and I loved the prose. Will appeal to those readers who like slower paced atmospheric novels.

The Second Mrs. Hockaday