Reader reviews and comments on The Girl Who Fell to Earth, plus links to write your own review.

A Memoir

by Sophia Al-Maria

• Paperback:
    Nov 2012, 288 pages

Jo Perry

There is 1 reader review for The Girl Who Fell to Earth

Power Reviewer Mal (10/10/13)

The Girl Who Fell to Earth
The Girl Who Fell to Earth delves into cultural complexities in an honest manner in which others towing the fine line between two cultures can relate and understand. A great coming of age story all will enjoy, especially those dealing with disparity in ethnicity.

Al-Maria expresses empathy and warmth to her family and her multi-cultural background. As a woman of two different cultures I found this book very appealing and sentiments relatable. I have always embraced my 'uniqueness' and have squelched those that attempted to make me feel differently.

Great read and informative as well, nice to read a book that doesn't paint middle eastern culture in a suffocating negative light.

• Book Jacket: Here I Am

Darling Days
    by iO Tillett Wright

The Tea Planter's Wife
    by Dinah Jefferies

An utterly engrossing, compulsive page-turner set in 1920s Ceylon.

This Must Be the Place
by Maggie O'Farrell

Win Blood at the Root

Blood at the Root

"A gripping, timely, and important examination of American racism."
- PW Starred Review