Reader reviews and comments on Above All Things, plus links to write your own review.

Above All Things

Bob Sauerbrey

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Above All Things

Karen R (03/19/13)

Captivating
What a great book. Can't remember the last time I read a book with such a powerful ending. Plus I don't normally read the author notes at the end of a book, but I was captivated by her story and how she came to write this book about the Mallory's. Ms. Rideout put her heart and soul into it and I look forward to her next novel.
Power Reviewer Diane S (01/21/13)

Above all things
I have read non fiction accounts of George Mallory and his attempts to climb Mt. Everest so I was already familiar with a basic knowledge of his story. Alternating chapters between the expedition and George's young wife at home with her three children added an additional element to the story. There were times when I was getting a little frustrated with the slow pace at various times in the novel, but than things would pick up and become interesting again. The author's strength in writing was most ably displayed in the scenes of the deprivations that the men experienced during the climb. I also enjoyed reading about how his wife was coping at home. I would have given this novel a higher rating except that I found a few historical inconsistencies that I could not overlook. This book will appeal to those who find adventure stories fascinating or to those who have an interest in climbing.

Glorious Failures

by Arlie Russell Hochschild
  • Book Jacket: The Dry
    The Dry
    by Jane Harper
    After receiving a letter from his childhood friend's father, Aaron Falk, a Melbourne police officer ...

The Fifth Petal
    by Brunonia Barry

A Piece of the World
    by Christina Baker Kline

Idealism increases in direct proportion to ones distance from the problem.

K Your F C