MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on Schroder, plus links to write your own review.

by Amity Gaige

Feb 2013, 288 pages
    Oct 2013, 288 pages

Stacey Brownlie

There is 1 reader review for Schroder

Power Reviewer Diane S. (02/10/13)

Schroder
Although this sounds like a simple tale, a father kidnapping his eight yr. old daughter, (not a spoiler as it clearly states this in the book description), this novel is anything but simple. When we hear on the news that a father has kidnapped one of his children, our first thought is to automatically condemn the father, feel sympathy with the mother. The main character in this book is compelling, his young daughter advanced for her age and absolutely charming. The plot unfolds in multiple layers, the father's past, his love for his wife and daughter, his confusion and his lies. The prose is simple but elegant, the book very readable, I found it so much so that I actually checked out one of her previous books when I was half finished with this one. If this book showed me anything it is that often my rush to judgement is very wrong, and reminds me that there are always more sides to the story than is apparent. By the end of the book I was absolutely heartbroken.

The Second Mrs. Hockaday

by Robert Harris
  • Book Jacket: A Question of Mercy
    A Question of Mercy
    by Elizabeth Cox
    Authors leave little gifts for readers, which seem to turn up at the exact right moment. Perhaps a ...

H W S W T Devil S H A L S