Reader reviews and comments on Code Name Verity, plus links to write your own review.

Code Name Verity

by Elizabeth Wein

Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein

May 2012, 352 pages
    May 2013, 352 pages

Tamara Smith

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Code Name Verity

Power Reviewer Cloggie Downunder

interesting, informative and ultimately, very moving
Code Name Verity is the sixth novel by British author, Elizabeth Wein. It tells the story of a pair of British women who crash-landed in France during World War Two. The first part is narrated by Queenie aka Scottie aka Eva Seiler aka….., a Special Operations Executive agent, and is written under duress at Gestapo HQ in the town of Ormaie in November 1943. SS Hauptsturmfuhrer Amadeus von Linden has forced from Queenie wireless code for the eleven wireless sets found in the wreck of the plane from which she jumped. What then follows, at his command, is Queenie’s account of the course of events that led to their flight to France and incorporates in that her friendship with Maddie Brodatt, the pilot of the downed plane. The second part gives Maddie’s version of events, and reveals that perhaps one of the narrators is not entirely reliable. Wein’s characters are multi-faceted and realistic: they all have their weaknesses and faults; even the evil ones possess a human side; many are not quite what they first seem. The dialogue, too, is credible and the plot is totally plausible, twists, turns and all. Wein’s extensive research is apparent on every page: a wealth of information is secreted in the story in easily digestible form. There is humour, heroism and horror, and enough heartbreak to bring a lump to the throat of even the most cynical reader. This is a tale of friendship and courage that is interesting, informative and ultimately, very moving
Emily

code name verity- code name brilliance
I started reading code name verity and instantly fell in love with it. I couldnt put it down until the very end. The two main characters are very likeable and the book is very easy to understand.
Rose

Code Name Verity
When first I started to reading the book, it wasn't that interesting and I didn't understand the story. But now its kind of interesting. (under 25)

The Hermit
    by Jennifer Finney Boylan

Win News of the World

The Weight of Ink
    by Rachel Kadish

An intellectual, suspenseful, and entertaining page-turner.

T's S I Numbers