Reader reviews and comments on Rainbow Six, plus links to write your own review.

Rainbow Six

by Tom Clancy

Rainbow Six by Tom Clancy X
Rainbow Six by Tom Clancy

Aug 1998, 752 pages
    Sep 1999, 255 pages

There are currently 68 reader reviews for Rainbow Six

Mike Stokes

A great read for fans of action, military or Clancy novels in general.
Of the Clancy novels that I have read I have to say that this is my favorite. Although the characters can seem a little shallow and the plot is very far fetched, this is simply a terrific book. I am sure that critics believe this to be one of Clancy's poorer novels because of what I stated above, but it'll keep you intrigued and hooked from the get-go.

One thing I am sure many readers will notice is that this book definitely has a larger emphasis on action and shooting than many other Tom Clancy stories do. This will obviously appeal to many readers, myself included. The fact that this novel is so action packed will encourage readers to keep turning the pages, is the plot and the many twists included weren't enough.

I am a kid, which means that sometimes I get bored when reading. For the few younger readers who are interested in picking up this book I warn you that some segments of this novel are very boring. While yes, I am aware that this is intended to advance the plot and character development but sometimes we're looking at one action sequence per every 100 pages until the large scale shootout finale. In a book that's 895 pages long (paper back version), many younger people may just put down this book and not bother.

Now you're probably wondering why I would give this book a 5/5 when I just complained about it for a paragraph. Well, simply it's because I have never lost myself in a book as much as I have this one. I was never terribly interested in the Harry Potters and the Lord of the Rings that all my friends were talking about simply because I grew up on watching movies similar to this book with my dad, and I am sure that many other people were the same. So basically what I'm saying is that if you love action, tactical military stuff, movies like Black Hawk Down and the Rainbow Six video games you will love this book. If not, you may want to give this one a pass
Brad

The best of the best
Clancy has become one of the world's best government/war authors ever and this book just confirms that. Rainbow Six has so many twists, gut-wrenching chapters, and so much detail in everything. READ THIS BOOK!!!
harry longstick

this book was excellent!
Paul

An Amazing Book, for a 8th grader not too hard.
Alex

This book is very good. One of calncys best works.
guy who read the book

Absolutely stunning! I couldn't put it down.
Ben

It packed of action from the begging to the end
bane

just plain awesome. great adventure

Join BookBrowse

• Book Jacket: The Office of Historical Corrections
    The Office of Historical Corrections
    by Danielle Evans
    In The Office of Historical Corrections, the second story collection from Danielle Evans, readers ...
    The Dutch House
    by Ann Patchett

The Dutch House is my introduction to Ann Patchett, which, after reading it, surprises me. I had ...

• Book Jacket: Nights When Nothing Happened
    Nights When Nothing Happened
    by Simon Han
    A quiet atmosphere of dread permeates Simon Han's subdued debut novel Nights When Nothing Happened. ...
  • Book Jacket: Take It Back
    Take It Back
    by Kia Abdullah
    In Kia Abdullah's novel Take It Back, sexual violence advisor Zara Kaleel becomes involved in a case...

The Prophets
    by Robert Jones Jr.

A stunning debut novel about the forbidden union between two enslaved young men on a Deep South plantation.

The Mystery of Mrs. Christie
    by Marie Benedict

The real-life disappearance of Agatha Christie is perhaps her greatest mystery of all.

Waiting for the Night Song
by Julie Carrick Dalton
A startling and timely debut about friendships forged in childhood and ruptured by the high price of secrets.
Win This Book!
Win The House on Vesper Sands

The House on Vesper Sands by Paraic O'Donnell

Introducing a detective duo for the ages who unlock the secrets of a startling Victorian mystery.

T T T Light F