What readers think of Rainbow Six, plus links to write your own review.

Rainbow Six

by Tom Clancy

Rainbow Six by Tom Clancy X
Rainbow Six by Tom Clancy

Aug 1998, 752 pages
    Sep 1999, 255 pages

There are currently 68 reader reviews for Rainbow Six

Mike Stokes

A great read for fans of action, military or Clancy novels in general.
Of the Clancy novels that I have read I have to say that this is my favorite. Although the characters can seem a little shallow and the plot is very far fetched, this is simply a terrific book. I am sure that critics believe this to be one of Clancy's poorer novels because of what I stated above, but it'll keep you intrigued and hooked from the get-go.

One thing I am sure many readers will notice is that this book definitely has a larger emphasis on action and shooting than many other Tom Clancy stories do. This will obviously appeal to many readers, myself included. The fact that this novel is so action packed will encourage readers to keep turning the pages, is the plot and the many twists included weren't enough.

I am a kid, which means that sometimes I get bored when reading. For the few younger readers who are interested in picking up this book I warn you that some segments of this novel are very boring. While yes, I am aware that this is intended to advance the plot and character development but sometimes we're looking at one action sequence per every 100 pages until the large scale shootout finale. In a book that's 895 pages long (paper back version), many younger people may just put down this book and not bother.

Now you're probably wondering why I would give this book a 5/5 when I just complained about it for a paragraph. Well, simply it's because I have never lost myself in a book as much as I have this one. I was never terribly interested in the Harry Potters and the Lord of the Rings that all my friends were talking about simply because I grew up on watching movies similar to this book with my dad, and I am sure that many other people were the same. So basically what I'm saying is that if you love action, tactical military stuff, movies like Black Hawk Down and the Rainbow Six video games you will love this book. If not, you may want to give this one a pass
Brad

The best of the best
Clancy has become one of the world's best government/war authors ever and this book just confirms that. Rainbow Six has so many twists, gut-wrenching chapters, and so much detail in everything. READ THIS BOOK!!!
harry longstick

this book was excellent!
Paul

An Amazing Book, for a 8th grader not too hard.
Alex

This book is very good. One of calncys best works.
guy who read the book

Absolutely stunning! I couldn't put it down.
Ben

It packed of action from the begging to the end
bane

just plain awesome. great adventure

Join BookBrowse

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: The Souvenir Museum
    The Souvenir Museum
    by Elizabeth McCracken
    Elizabeth McCracken's book The Souvenir Museum is composed of 12 short stories populated by ...
  • Book Jacket: First Person Singular
    First Person Singular
    by Haruki Murakami
    Readers familiar with Haruki Murakami will know that music is often a central theme in his work. The...
  • Book Jacket: Yolk
    Yolk
    by Mary Choi
    Mary H.K. Choi's young adult offering Yolk deftly maintains several plotlines running through the ...
  • Book Jacket: The Blizzard Party
    The Blizzard Party
    by Jack Livings
    It is 1978 and the place is New York City. A massive bacchanalian party is taking place at an Upper ...

The Funny Thing About Norman Foreman
    by Julietta Henderson

A charming, uplifting debut about a mother and her 12-year-old son, an aspiring comedian.

Of Women and Salt
    by Gabriela Garcia

A kaleidoscopic portrait of generations of women from a 19th-century Cuban cigar factory to the present day.

Miss Austen
by Gill Hornby
A witty, poignant novel about Cassandra Austen and her famous sister, Jane.

Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some to be chewed on and digested.

P M Fly