Reader reviews and comments on Forgotten Country, plus links to write your own review.

Forgotten Country

Donna Chavez

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Forgotten Country

Chari Burdick

Family
This was a very well written story of family interaction and the relationships between the members.
After moving to Michigan from Korea many years earlier we join the sisters Janie striving to always to do the right thing and and her younger sister Hannah who is resistant to tradition.
Their father is diagnosed with cancer, at which time her parents make it clear once again she is responsible for her younger sister who has left with no word to anyone.
This begins the wonderful story of understanding the past, her own and her parents, the struggle to be the good daughter while fulfilling her own needs. Resentment with her sister for appearing to lead her life in own way.
The author draws you into this family as they return to Korea for her fathers final days. We watch Janie works through understanding of her history and of who she is.
You will not be disappointed reading this book.
Redhead reader

Forget about it
When I finished Forgotten Country, I thought 'Forget about this book'. I kept waiting for something to happen, a reason to keep reading. Nothing ever happens.

The Kwangju Massacre

• Book Jacket: Gateway to the Moon
    Gateway to the Moon
    by Mary Morris
    Miguel Torres is a teenager living in Entrada de la Luna, a poverty-stricken dot on the New Mexico ...
  • Book Jacket: New World, Inc.
    New World, Inc.
    by Simon Targett, John Butman
  • Book Jacket: New World, Inc.
    New World, Inc.
    by Simon Targett, John Butman
  • Book Jacket: The Ensemble
    The Ensemble
    by Aja Gabel

Harbor of Spies by Robin Lloyd

A captivating thriller-at-sea set in Spanish colonial Havana in the 1860s.

Eternal Life
    by Dara Horn

The award-winning author returns with an ingenious novel about what it would mean to live forever.

Win The Comedown