Reader reviews and comments on The Law of Similars, plus links to write your own review.

The Law of Similars

by Chris Bohjalian

The Law of Similars by Chris Bohjalian

Jan 1999, 288 pages
    Mar 2000, 255 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Law of Similars

Cindylou

Try This....
You wish the characters in this novel lived next door. They are open and easy to know.
You'll experience their highs and lows -- and wonder if you'd have made the same decisions.
The love story gets a bit too erotic for a bit, but over all the book is a wonderfully unique story.
Anonymous

Linda
I was never convinced that this story was being told from the point of view of a fourteen year old girl. Her vocabulary was so preppy that it made it even more ridiculous to try and believe she was a child of hippy parents. How many fourteen year olds do things "on a lark" or see themselves as "aspiring tarts". The most difficult part to swallow was that this ex-hippy Sybil Danforth, a woman who is devoted to a natural, alternative, New Age sort of life, stocks her pantry with diet soft drinks, packaged cereals and eats hamburger! Chris Bohjalian really didn't do his homework here. He also neglected to really develop the characters. They never came to life for me. This could have been a great book. The moral dilemma had the potential to be riveting. If only it had been done by a better writer.

• Book Jacket: Do Not Become Alarmed
    by Jeffrey Lent

Win News of the World

The Gypsy Moth Summer
    by Julia Fierro

One of the most anticipated books of 2017.

T's S I Numbers