Reader reviews and comments on In the Sea There are Crocodiles, plus links to write your own review.

In the Sea There are Crocodiles

Jennifer Dawson Oakes

There are currently 2 reader reviews for In the Sea There are Crocodiles

Louise J

Intense
The true story of Enaiatollah Akbari is one wrought with immense courage. It took a great deal of courage, fortitude, determination, and resilience to accomplish what Enaiatollah did at such a young age. It boggles my mind that a very young 10-year-old child could accomplish such a feat. All he wanted was somewhere to live and somewhere to belong.

I’ll definitely be passing word of this book along to other people.
Chris

Coming of Age Refugee Style
Thank you to BookBrowse for recommending this book to me. In comparison to” A Long Way Gone", the story of a young boy's daunting walk out of Darfur, “In the Sea There are Crocodiles” is not as graphic and disturbing , yet just as hideous and harrowing. Enaiat's story told through the pen of Fabio Geda is a much softer and simplistic tale. A much lighter easier read, it lends itself to the Young Adult/Teenage book category, and slowly grabs adults by the throat and drags them into a world that one can only imagine in the best fiction. Only Enaiat’s story is real and his resilience and fate will leave you amazed. You find yourself cheering when he arrives in Italy 5 years later. You find yourself saddened and shocked by what is happening in Afghanistan and other parts of the world today and the unspeakable losses of children and families the world over. Required reading. Bravo Fabio Geda and God Speed Enaiatollah Akbari!

The Last Ballad
    by Wiley Cash
    The Graybar Hotel
    by Curtis Dawkins
  • Book Jacket: We Own the Sky
    We Own the Sky
    by Luke Allnutt
    Rob and Anna Coates have an idyllic life together; they have successful careers, love each other ...
  • Book Jacket: Some Trick
    Some Trick
    by Helen DeWitt
    In this erudite collection of 13 stories, Helen DeWitt explores the theme of stymied creativity, ...

Music of the Ghosts by Vaddey Ratner

A Place for Us
    by Fatima Farheen Mirza

Book Club Giveaway!
Win The Rules of Magic

Win up to 12 copies for you & your book club!

The spellbinding prequel to Alice Hoffman's bestselling Practical Magic.

M T G Before I S