Reader reviews and comments on In the Sea There are Crocodiles, plus links to write your own review.

In the Sea There are Crocodiles

Jennifer Dawson Oakes

There are currently 2 reader reviews for In the Sea There are Crocodiles

Power Reviewer Louise J

Intense
The true story of Enaiatollah Akbari is one wrought with immense courage. It took a great deal of courage, fortitude, determination, and resilience to accomplish what Enaiatollah did at such a young age. It boggles my mind that a very young 10-year-old child could accomplish such a feat. All he wanted was somewhere to live and somewhere to belong.

I’ll definitely be passing word of this book along to other people.
Chris

Coming of Age Refugee Style
Thank you to BookBrowse for recommending this book to me. In comparison to” A Long Way Gone", the story of a young boy's daunting walk out of Darfur, “In the Sea There are Crocodiles” is not as graphic and disturbing , yet just as hideous and harrowing. Enaiat's story told through the pen of Fabio Geda is a much softer and simplistic tale. A much lighter easier read, it lends itself to the Young Adult/Teenage book category, and slowly grabs adults by the throat and drags them into a world that one can only imagine in the best fiction. Only Enaiat’s story is real and his resilience and fate will leave you amazed. You find yourself cheering when he arrives in Italy 5 years later. You find yourself saddened and shocked by what is happening in Afghanistan and other parts of the world today and the unspeakable losses of children and families the world over. Required reading. Bravo Fabio Geda and God Speed Enaiatollah Akbari!

The Hermit
    by Jennifer Finney Boylan

Win News of the World

The Gypsy Moth Summer
    by Julia Fierro

One of the most anticipated books of 2017.

T's S I Numbers