Reader reviews and comments on The Man in the Rockefeller Suit, plus links to write your own review.

The Man in the Rockefeller Suit

Apr 2012, 336 pages

Jo Perry

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Man in the Rockefeller Suit

Diane L.

Just how can a man fool so many people?
This book is a marvelous glimpse into: 1. a true shape shifter who is a sociopath 2. just how gullible and shallow people can be. The book leaves you with the question did he or didn't he commit murder. You'll have fun tossing this question in your head.
Diane P

Con of Cons
Reading Walter Kirn's Blood Will Out made me curious about you get from being German immigrant to passing yourself off as a Rockefeller. Christian Karl Gerhartsreiter pulled off one of the most audacious cons in recent history.

This is one of the those you-can't-make-this-stuff-up books, Mark Seal follows Gerhartsreiter from the moment he first steps on American soil until his arrest and trial for kidnapping his seven-year old daughter. It is an interesting but creepy tale. I would find keeping up this type of charade exhausting, I wonder if in the end he did believe he was a Rockefeller.

On March 15, 2011, Gerhartsreiter stood trial and found guilty of the murder of a California man in 1985

The Science of Lie Detection

A Place for Us
    by Fatima Farheen Mirza

Win If You See Me, Don't Say Hi

If You See Me, Don't Say Hi by Neel Patel

Patel's stories introduce a bold and timely new literary voice.

A P Saved I A P E