Reader reviews and comments on Tiny Sunbirds, Far Away, plus links to write your own review.

Tiny Sunbirds, Far Away

Beverly Melven

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Tiny Sunbirds, Far Away

Esther Bradley-DeTally

Stunning View of Nigerian Life
Though the eyes of Blessing, we see a young girl thrust into her mother's native village with her brother. It's a weave of dialogue, intimate characterization revealing the dust and struggle of life in the Niger, along with complex lives and impelling struggles of Blessing's generation. I couldn't put it down. Christie Watson has written a profound book which encompasses epic greed from the oil companies and yet reveals love, and nobility. Tragic yet profound and the novel also enlightens the non-African reader and reveals stength and hope and soul power. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves to read!
Power Reviewer Louise J

Tiny Sunbirds, Far Away
This was a great story and I was totally involved with the characters. Christie Watson, in her epilogue at the end of the story tells us that: “The Niger Delta, known as “the Big Heart” is home to proud people, with good reason. I would highly recommend this book for everyone.

• Book Jacket: The Story of Arthur Truluv
    by Louise Erdrich

The Second Mrs. Hockaday by Susan Rivers

Wonder Valley
    by Ivy Pochoda

On the whole, human beings want to be good, but not too good and not quite all the time

E Dog H I D