Reader reviews and comments on Madame Tussaud, plus links to write your own review.

Madame Tussaud

Kim Kovacs

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Madame Tussaud

Andrea R.

Madame Tussand was fascinating
We have all heard of Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum and perhaps even visited it, but did you know who Madame Tussaud was? This book answers that question with an exciting account of the French Revolution and the involvement of many of the most important revolutionary figures with Madame Tussaud. We thought it was a great depiction of the time and really made it come alive. This was a great history lesson-look at how history keeps repeating itself. The wide gap between rich and poor has been the undoing of many a government - Russia in 1917 is another example. We talked about the role of the newspapers in spreading both rumor and truth, and how the newspapers of that time invented things to sell papers, just as we see happen today. It was also interesting that so many of the people came to the exhibit to see what was happening - with no photography, camera phones or television, it was the only way the common person knew what these people and places looked like. Most members commented on the process of creating the wax figures and exhibits - we found it so interesting! In all, we learned so much and really enjoyed the story. We would recommend it to all book clubs!
Valerie F.

Greatly lacking
I couldn't get very far in this book, because it felt so fake and forced. The writing was so flat, and it didn't feel like there was any real emotion behind it. It just seemed unrealistic and I didn't find it as interesting as the descriptions I'd read. Disappointing.

Madame Tussauds Wax Museum

• Book Jacket: The Electric Woman
    The Electric Woman
    by Tessa Fontaine
  • Book Jacket: The Female Persuasion
    The Female Persuasion
    by Meg Wolitzer
    A college freshman struggling for identity. A 1960s feminist icon attempting to maintain her ...
  • Book Jacket: A Lucky Man
    A Lucky Man
    by Jamel Brinkley
    If his debut collection of short stories, A Lucky Man is any indicator, Jamel Brinkley is poised on ...
  • Book Jacket: Picture Us In The Light
    Picture Us In The Light
    by Kelly Loy Gilbert
    Kelly Loy Gilbert presents a beautiful narrative with myriad intertwined plotlines that explores the...

Harbor of Spies by Robin Lloyd

A captivating thriller-at-sea set in Spanish colonial Havana in the 1860s.

Other People's Houses