Reader reviews and comments on Galore, plus links to write your own review.

Galore

Jennifer Dawson Oakes

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Galore

J

The circle of life
Would like to write this review without the usual adjectives but don't think it will be possible. What a treat, this read. I wanted to start over as soon as I finished. It has everything I like in a book - reality, magic, human tragedy, human perseverance, mystery, wisdom, strength, weakness - you name it, it has it.
Have one word of caution: Read it in book form. I read it on my Kindle and wished OFTEN that I had the genealogy chart in front of me. Will buy a book and read it again very soon. Look forward to reading Michael Crummey's next novel!
Dorian B.

A Wonderful Escape
As I read this book I felt like I was sitting with the author listening to him tell the story. The story is unusual, a break from the ordinary, with characters that are strange yet made believable through their very human needs. I recommend this book for those that enjoy a well written book with depth.

The Mummers of Newfoundland

• Book Jacket: Gateway to the Moon
    Gateway to the Moon
    by Mary Morris
    Miguel Torres is a teenager living in Entrada de la Luna, a poverty-stricken dot on the New Mexico ...
  • Book Jacket: New World, Inc.
    New World, Inc.
    by Simon Targett, John Butman
  • Book Jacket: New World, Inc.
    New World, Inc.
    by Simon Targett, John Butman
  • Book Jacket: The Ensemble
    The Ensemble
    by Aja Gabel

Harbor of Spies by Robin Lloyd

A captivating thriller-at-sea set in Spanish colonial Havana in the 1860s.

Anatomy of a Miracle