Reader reviews and comments on A Secret Kept, plus links to write your own review.

by Tatiana de Rosnay

Beverly Melven

There are currently 6 reader reviews for A Secret Kept

Dorothy Halligan

A Secret Kept
A very well-written story about how we perceive events as children, and often misconstrue their meaning. I listened to the book and found the narrator as good a storyteller as I've heard, which enhanced the culture, and sense of place that was crucial to the plot.

The reader followed the twists and turns of Antoine's pursuit as if in his company, experiencing the same emotions and surprise.
A good book for the sleuth in us all; and those of us with childhood secrets that need to be revealed!
Becca Garcia

Don't expect "Sarah's Key"
I enjoyed "A Secret Kept", but did not like this story as much as "Sarah's Key". The characters were not complex and I didn't feel the urgent need to continue reading although I did finish the book.
Dianne S

This book shouldn't be a kept a secret
I just finished reading Tatiana de Rosnay's A Secret Kept & I loved it. It had the right blend of drama and vivid characters. The story line was great and as in Sarah's Key, the chapters were short & concise which ads to the flow of the novel.

I thought that Sarah's Key was written more in the style for young adults even though it was a great book. Tatiana de Rosnay has definetly kicked it up a notch for this book.
I.Marshall

A Secret Kept
Very well written, but unsatisfactory. The plot was muddled and there seemed to be too many extraneous events that had little or nothing to do with the main plot. At one point a reference to the letters that he had not yet read was made. Again, the writing was excellent, but the story line was disappointing.
JWW

Not a page turner
This book had it's moments of intrigue and interesting plot but, unfortunately, there were only moments. A big deal was made of the secret but the secret was not such a big deal. The characters were over-wrought or under developed and, at times, tedious. The setting (the Gois and the island) was interesting. Makes one want to visit and watch the phenomena.

I have friends who will love this book...but I didn't.
Doreen M

A secret kept
Depressing and disjointed. Such a big letdown after Sarah's Keys.

Noirmoutier

• Book Jacket: The Electric Woman
    The Electric Woman
    by Tessa Fontaine
  • Book Jacket: The Female Persuasion
    The Female Persuasion
    by Meg Wolitzer
    A college freshman struggling for identity. A 1960s feminist icon attempting to maintain her ...
  • Book Jacket: A Lucky Man
    A Lucky Man
    by Jamel Brinkley
    If his debut collection of short stories, A Lucky Man is any indicator, Jamel Brinkley is poised on ...
  • Book Jacket: Picture Us In The Light
    Picture Us In The Light
    by Kelly Loy Gilbert
    Kelly Loy Gilbert presents a beautiful narrative with myriad intertwined plotlines that explores the...

Harbor of Spies by Robin Lloyd

A captivating thriller-at-sea set in Spanish colonial Havana in the 1860s.

Anatomy of a Miracle