Reader reviews and comments on Father of the Rain, plus links to write your own review.

Father of the Rain

Beverly Melven

There is 1 reader review for Father of the Rain

Deborah D. (06/16/11)

This is a 10 star book!
I judge a book by its ability to stay with me beyond the last page. I read this book several weeks ago and still ruminate. Lily King ably explores the relationship between a father and daughter during the 70's. Complicating the relationship is the father's ongoing battle with alcoholism. King's description of life with the unpredictable and bewildering behaviors of an alcoholic are spot on. This book is one of the better novels I have read this year. Highly recommended.

An Interview With Lily King

The Atomic Weight of Love
by Elizabeth J. Church

Lola
    by Melissa Scrivner Love

An astonishing debut crime thriller about an unforgettable woman.

Our Short History
    by Lauren Grodstein

Fanaticism consists in redoubling your effort when you have forgotten your aim

O My D B