MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on Father of the Rain, plus links to write your own review.

Father of the Rain

Beverly Melven

There is 1 reader review for Father of the Rain

Deborah D. (06/16/11)

This is a 10 star book!
I judge a book by its ability to stay with me beyond the last page. I read this book several weeks ago and still ruminate. Lily King ably explores the relationship between a father and daughter during the 70's. Complicating the relationship is the father's ongoing battle with alcoholism. King's description of life with the unpredictable and bewildering behaviors of an alcoholic are spot on. This book is one of the better novels I have read this year. Highly recommended.

An Interview With Lily King

by Simon Tolkien

• Book Jacket: A Question of Mercy
    A Question of Mercy
    by Elizabeth Cox
    Authors leave little gifts for readers, which seem to turn up at the exact right moment. Perhaps a ...
  • Book Jacket: The Terranauts
    The Terranauts
    by T.C. Boyle
    In an increasingly noisy and fractious world, the idea of "getting away from it all" holds ...
    The Gardens of Consolation
    by Parisa Reza
    The Gardens of Consolation introduces 12-year-old Talla, and her 20-year-old husband Sadar, as they ...

H W S W T Devil S H A L S