Reader reviews and comments on Anthropology of an American Girl, plus links to write your own review.

Anthropology of an American Girl

Amy Reading

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Anthropology of an American Girl

Robin

Scattered
Passages of this book moved me...I thought the author had moments of pure brilliance. BUT, it was too long, jumped all over the place and in the end the story seemed ridiculously dramatic and just...so unbelievable. No American girl I've ever known has lived such a life. I would not recommend it.
janice kincaid

Don't do it!!!
I had the highest of hopes when I purchased this book. Publisher's Weekly had a great recommendation, 'O' Magazine has an endorsement on the front... everything seemed to point to 'Go'. I am not one to ever put a book down. I feel it is somehow unfair to the writer...like a judge giving a verdict without hearing all the evidence. I am now on page 312 and I simply can't take it any more! From the get-go the voice of the main character seemed so inauthentic...I have never met a high school girl who had any thoughts at all like Eveline. The story was so long and drawn out and the plot was painfully tedious. I just can't punish myself any further. I've wracked my brain and I definitely have not done anything I can think of to deserve the torture of continuing to read this. so I am ending my misery, crying 'uncle', throwing in the towel, accepting defeat, and moving the f@#$ on. I wish I could get my money back. And I'm trying to think of someone I really don't like to 'regift' this drivel to. Save your money, head for the hills, run like the wind...Don't read this book!
Breader

Long, dull and tedious
I could not finish this book. Many reviews relate the pertinent details and all are more interesting than the book itself. Long, dull and tedious sums it up. Save your strength and read something else.

Self-Publishing Successes

by Thomas Rydahl

Win News of the World

The Gypsy Moth Summer
    by Julia Fierro

One of the most anticipated books of 2017.

T's S I Numbers