Reader reviews and comments on All Too Human, plus links to write your own review.

All Too Human

A Political Education

by George Stephanopoulos

All Too Human

Mar 1999, 255 pages
    Mar 2000, 255 pages

There are currently 5 reader reviews for All Too Human

SB Rfowe (08/18/03)

Is this country becoming impossible to govern?? The White House is pictured as a "fun house" poised in the center of a Merry-Go-Round. The media has encircled the principles who never know who or what will jump out at them from behind the hidden doors. All Too Human depicts staffers and a President whose time is eaten up "reacting" to false stories, innuendoes and misinterpretations.

We all criticize the press for shielding Kennedy from the consequences of his alleged misconduct, but perhaps the people's "need to know and right to know" should once again take a back seat to the privacy and protection of the "Oval Office". In the complexity of our legislative process, focused time and concentration is absolutely required to move the ball from point A to B.

This book tells the story of an inexperienced and unprotected Clinton White House put in a position of reactive governing. Isn't it amazing the Clinton years changed so much and did so much good i.e. deficit reduction, high employment, economic growth, Family Leave, domestic peace core, etc., etc.

All Too Human wonderfully portrays the strange cast of characters in and around Washington.

Excellent and very readable book.
Kimberly Romero (07/03/03)

I am an 18 year old who loves this book! I will admit that at first I wasn't sure I would be interested. However, I was addicted right away. This book keeps me interested, the way Mr. Stephanopoulos words his sentences and how he is very descriptive. I felt at times as if I was there. I love this book because I find it rare to find a political book that a teenager will read, let alone like! I personally want to thank Mr. Stephanopoulos for giving me insight into a world that can be extremly hectic and powerful, also for for filling my mind with knowldge. Wonderful book!
Charles Rollins (11/20/02)

A great book. Sometimes a little honesty in this political world is what we all need. Revealing and insightful, a clear and chilling glimpse into the Clinton administration.
Anonymous (07/15/01)

Carol Dixon
This fascinating, well written book gives a scary insight to the Clinton White House. Stephanopoulos does a pretty fair job presenting the foibles and virtues of everyone involved. It's a valuable first hand account.
Anonymous (07/15/01)

Jennifer Jackson
What a fabulous book! I thought Stephanopoulos' honest look at himself and Washington politics was fascinating and insightful. I had a difficult time putting this one down!! Great read.

In the Country of Men
    Coffin Road
    by Peter May

Win All the Gallant Men

All The Gallant Men

The first memoir by a USS Arizona survivor, 75 years after Pearl Harbor.

K Y Eyes P