Reader reviews and comments on Galileo's Daughter, plus links to write your own review.

Galileo's Daughter

Oct 1999, 448 pages
    Oct 2000, 432 pages

There are currently 5 reader reviews for Galileo's Daughter

wardo

Galileo's Daughter, a story of love, faith, and science
An amazing read. This is the story of Galileo's life in the context of his eldest daughter's beautiful prose. The story shines the intimacy of this mans relationship with his up-until-now unknown daughter and at the same time exposes the relevance of the masters life as a scientist, philosopher, and deeply religious man. I had a sense of the conflict of beginning a devote Catholic in a time when the church’s authority and scientific reasoning was at its nexus. A must read for those who love history, science, and faith.
Imjetta

Galileos Daughter
I loved this book! It starts out slow, and I had to put it down to ponder every now and again, but I love it! So rich in detail and history. I learned so much about the time period as well as about Galileo himself. I've always admired him, but now I adore him!
meac

extremely interesting book, with great storyline, makes and exellent read
Q.T

ITS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BORING

Mary Sue Schnell
A stunning and moving tale of the love and devotion between the brilliant scientist, Galileo, and his largely unknown daughter. I was totally unprepared to deal with the stunning conclusion of this book. Five stars.

• Book Jacket: Inland
    Inland
    by Téa Obreht
    It's 1893 and the sparsely populated settlement of Amargo, deep in the Arizona Territory, is ...
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...
  • Book Jacket: Conviction
    Conviction
    by Denise Mina
    Scottish author Denise Mina's latest novel, Conviction, is a fast-paced thriller narrated by Anna, a...
    Dread Nation
    by Justina Ireland
    The war between the states is over and, instead, a very different battle is being waged for the ...

Ellie and the Harpmaker
    by Hazel Prior

A rich, heartwarming and charming debut novel about finding love in unexpected places.

Book Club
America for Beginners
by Leah Franqui

A poignant debut that explores unlikely friendships forged in unusual circumstances.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win Crudo

Crudo by Olivia Laing

A brilliant, funny, and emphatically raw novel of love on the brink of the apocalypse.

S A A B In A R