Reader reviews and comments on When You Reach Me, plus links to write your own review.

When You Reach Me

Pam Watts

There are currently 9 reader reviews for When You Reach Me

LA LA (11/27/11)

Book Report
I have read this book for a book report and I thought it was amazing! :) It was a little bit confusing at first but after I read and re-read the book a couple of times, it definitely became one of my favorites!!
Brooke :D (11/28/10)

Clift Hanging Mystery Book! :D My Favorite! :)
When you reach me by Rebecca Stead is a mystery that I recomend to everyone who loves a great mystery! You would LOVE it because at every chapter it keeps you hanging so you just want to keep reading... it hooks you and you cant put the book down! :D I love this book and it is one of the BEST books I have EVER read! :D
lexi (11/27/10)

THE BEST BOOK EVER
I loved this book. Out of all the books I have read, I would say this is my favorite. I read this book over and over, and it NEVER gets old.
CHEESECAKEboy25 (11/25/10)

This book was great!
"When You Reach Me" is very unique and detailed. It's hard for me, at least, to find books like this anymore. I'm also in the 6th grade. My class luckily read this book in our LAL Honors Class and as far as I know, mostly everyone enjoyed it!
abbalou22 :-) (10/29/10)

The Best Book Ever!
This book is amazing! I hope Rebecca keeps writing more! I love realistic fiction. :-)
Polkadottedbunny (10/14/10)

Amazing!!!
I am in the 6th grade and did a book report on this book, and it took me about 2 hours to read it because I couldn't put it down. This was one of the best books I have ever read!
dinna (03/20/10)

This book was awesome :D
Mystery Weekly (03/15/10)

When You Reach Me
When You Reach Me, by Rebecca Stead is a thrilling mystery about a girl whose life changes forever when she receives four mysterious notes. By sixth grade, Miranda and her best friend Sal think they know New York City like the back of their hands. They know where it’s safe to walk, who it’s safe to talk to, and how to approach strangers. Suddenly though, Miranda’s life begins to unravel. One day, Sal is punched in the nose by a new kid for what seems like no reason. Sal begins ignoring Miranda, and after a while, he basically shuts her out of his life. Next, Miranda’s apartment key is stolen. When everything looks lost for Miranda and her mother, she receives a piece of paper with a note scrawled across it-

I am coming to save your friend’s life, and my own.
I must ask two favors. First, you must write me a letter.

Miranda does not know what to, make of the note at first, so she sets it aside. The notes keep coming though, from the same mysterious source. As she receives more notes, Miranda begins to realize that this person knows all about her, even things that have not happened yet. With each note, she believes more and more that she is the only one who can stop a terrible death. When one last letter arrives though, she begins to think that she’s too late.

I think that Rebecca Stead’s overall message in When You Reach Me is that you should always trust your friends, and you should never have a doubt in their decisions. I think that When You Reach Me is a superb and thought-provoking mystery that I couldn’t put down. The realistic characters made me realize the wonders of life and the horrors of death.

I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys science-fiction, mysteries, and realistic fiction. The intricacy and details of When You Reach Me invite you to ponder some of the greatest questions of life. When You Reach Me is a suspenseful, surprising, and action-packed book that all readers will love.

It's All Relative

I See You
    by Clare Mackintosh

A Piece of the World
    by Christina Baker Kline

Dictators ride to and fro on tigers from which they dare not dismount. And the tigers are getting hungry.

K Your F C