Reader reviews and comments on The Given Day, plus links to write your own review.

The Given Day

Diane La Rue

There are currently 3 reader reviews for The Given Day

Lupoman

The Given Day
After finally finishing this book, I have to say that the author is very close to becoming one of my favorite authors. His writing draws one in, and there's no sleep until you're finished.
"The Given Day" is well written, and the characters have depth and are very much alive. I doubt that this story will ever make it to the big screen, but if it does, it won't do the book any justice.
SDC

Best Book of 2008
I've not read a historical novel this good since Ragtime. Lehane has a definite Doctorow feel to his writing - carefully intermingling uncommon characters - both real and imaginary - into a real page-turner. Highly recommended.
Elizabeth

Not bad...have to have time to read :)
A little long, but great historical fiction. Story was about a family who had policemen in the family line and the Boston Police Strike took place during the book...murder too and some mysteries.

• Book Jacket: Gateway to the Moon
    Gateway to the Moon
    by Mary Morris
    Miguel Torres is a teenager living in Entrada de la Luna, a poverty-stricken dot on the New Mexico ...
  • Book Jacket: New World, Inc.
    New World, Inc.
    by Simon Targett, John Butman
  • Book Jacket: New World, Inc.
    New World, Inc.
    by Simon Targett, John Butman
  • Book Jacket: The Ensemble
    The Ensemble
    by Aja Gabel

Harbor of Spies by Robin Lloyd

A captivating thriller-at-sea set in Spanish colonial Havana in the 1860s.

Anatomy of a Miracle