Reader reviews and comments on The Graveyard Book, plus links to write your own review.

The Graveyard Book

by Neil Gaiman

The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman

Sep 2008, 320 pages
    Sep 2010, 320 pages

Donna Chavez

There are currently 5 reader reviews for The Graveyard Book

Joseph Sta Ana (04/07/16)

The Graveyard Book
An exhilarating read. Because I am now in my teens, I find it hard for children's books to fascinate me, but I found this is hardly a children' s book. It contained such beauty. Who could have thought you can make a story about a secluded graveyard, something very trivial nowadays. It is worthy of the Newberry Medal.
J. A. Thomas (05/18/10)

More Please.....!
I had to read this for a on-line college class. I did not think I was going to enjoy it. When I opened the book to the first page, I was pleasantly, surprised. I read the book in a weekend and I really enjoyed it. I would love to read more about Nobody, after he left the graveyard. I am 46, and this book brought back many memories of my youth. Thanks Neil!
Anonymous chicken (09/11/09)

Graveyard book
This was a thrilling story of which Bod became an adult. He has had much more adventure in his life than mine. I really do wish I could be like him. Neil Gaiman writes odd books, usually somewhat creepy, but he has some of the only books of this kind, besides full horror books. His books are enjoyable for children and adults. I may be only 12 years old, but I love to write and after this book and Coraline he is my writing hero. This book is exceptionally good, and he is doing the world a favor being an author.
Madison Kelly (03/09/09)

Fantasitc
It was very suspenseful and kept me on my feet....I very much so recommended this book to anyone who wants to read it.:
Power Reviewer Kim (11/01/08)

Charming ghost tale
I've been a Gaiman fan for years, with American Gods and Anansi Boy perennially on my ever-shifting "favorite books” list. I thought I’d give The Graveyard Book a try, even though I knew it was a children’s book. I was not disappointed. Although certainly lighter than his adult books, The Graveyard Book is quite entertaining. Gaiman is a consummate story teller, whether it be for kids or adults, and he does a fine job here. I’d think older children (say, over the age of 10) would find this novel very enjoyable (despite its occasionally gruesome content) -- as would any of us older kids just looking for a couple of hours of escapism.

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: Castle of Water
    by Mark Kurlansky
  • Book Jacket: Temporary People
    Temporary People
    by Deepak Unnikrishnan
    In this powerful and innovative collection of 28 short stories, Deepak Unnikrishnan presents a ...

The Nest
by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney

If We Were Villains
    by M. L. Rio

No One Is Coming to Save Us
    by Stephanie Powell Watts

One of Entertainment Weekly, Nylon and Elle's most anticipated books of 2017.

Who dares to teach must never cease to learn.

Y S M B, I'll S Y