Reader reviews and comments on A Child Called It, plus links to write your own review.

One Child's Courage to Survive

The child called it
Love it
kathy walsh (08/18/16)

Sad
This book was very good unfortunately was very upsetting. How anyone could do what this child went through?
Stephanie (04/13/16)

my review
This book is really sad. I can imagine going through some things the little kid when through but not all. I don't get how he could even survive. I would of just left the mom and ran away to find the dad. Or just go with aunts and uncles cuz the dad didn't even try and help he just left.. just like everyone else..??
Jennifer K (03/21/16)

A Child Called It
I read this book and the other two in the trilogy. This first of the three is an amazing first-hand account of the survival of a little boy trying to grow up with a sick and twisted mother, with no relief in sight. I cried through much of it, while seeing it through his eyes. Amazing that he grew up at all, let alone the good man he became. Love this book!
Bannessa (10/16/15)

The child call it
It's a good book
tammy sanderlin (09/05/15)

way good book
Couldn't put it down.
yolo99182 (05/29/15)

haert melting storie of boy who mently and physically abused
This book was written with the intention of letting the world know that life is not that bad for most people. Unlike me, Dave Pelzer suffered a horrible life. If you were treated like this, try and get help from a therapist. Sometimes talking about your problems is the key to forgetting them.
Emily (05/06/14)

I loved it!
I cried so many times, I read this book over and over again. It's so sad but it's inspiring.

• Book Jacket: All We Have Left
    by Louise Penny
  • Book Jacket: Homegoing
    Homegoing
    by Yaa Gyasi

Give me the luxuries of life and I will willingly do without the necessities.

The Big Holiday Wordplay: