Reader reviews and comments on A Child Called It, plus links to write your own review.

One Child's Courage to Survive

by Dave Pelzer

Oct 1999, 184 pages
    Oct 1995, 184 pages

There are currently 266 reader reviews for A Child Called It

kathy walsh (08/18/16)

Sad
This book was very good unfortunately was very upsetting. How anyone could do what this child went through?
Stephanie (04/13/16)

my review
This book is really sad. I can imagine going through some things the little kid when through but not all. I don't get how he could even survive. I would of just left the mom and ran away to find the dad. Or just go with aunts and uncles cuz the dad didn't even try and help he just left.. just like everyone else..??
Jennifer K (03/21/16)

A Child Called It
I read this book and the other two in the trilogy. This first of the three is an amazing first-hand account of the survival of a little boy trying to grow up with a sick and twisted mother, with no relief in sight. I cried through much of it, while seeing it through his eyes. Amazing that he grew up at all, let alone the good man he became. Love this book!
Bannessa (10/16/15)

The child call it
It's a good book
tammy sanderlin (09/05/15)

way good book
Couldn't put it down.
yolo99182 (05/29/15)

haert melting storie of boy who mently and physically abused
This book was written with the intention of letting the world know that life is not that bad for most people. Unlike me, Dave Pelzer suffered a horrible life. If you were treated like this, try and get help from a therapist. Sometimes talking about your problems is the key to forgetting them.
Emily (05/06/14)

I loved it!
I cried so many times, I read this book over and over again. It's so sad but it's inspiring.
Al (04/13/14)

Good
Great read. Highly suggest it. Couldn't set the book down once I picked it up.

• Book Jacket: Harmony

Sweet Caress
by William Boyd

Win Blood at the Root

Blood at the Root

"A gripping, timely, and important examination of American racism."
- PW Starred Review