Reader reviews and comments on A Map of Home, plus links to write your own review.

A Map of Home

Karen Rigby

There is 1 reader review for A Map of Home

Power Reviewer Kim

Wonderful comingofage novel
I think finding a well written coming of age novel that features a female protagonist is a rare event. Most of those I've read in this genre have had a sacharine-sweet lack of realism that has left me less than enthusiastic about the story. A Map of Home, by Randa Jarrar, however, is an exception. Jarrar's heroine, Nidali, narrates her life history with such honesty that I had to constantly remind myself the book wasn't an autobiography. I truly enjoyed this portrait of an average teen in a progressive westernizing Muslim country. It was at once familiar and exotic, and overall very entertaining.

• Book Jacket: The Ninth Hour

Love and Other Consolation Prizes
    by Jamie Ford

Win If the Creek Don't Rise

If the Creek Don't Rise

A debut novel bursting with heart, honesty, and homegrown grit.

Y Can't M A S P O O A S E