Reader reviews and comments on A Map of Home, plus links to write your own review.

A Map of Home

Karen Rigby

There is 1 reader review for A Map of Home

Kim

Wonderful comingofage novel
I think finding a well written coming of age novel that features a female protagonist is a rare event. Most of those I've read in this genre have had a sacharine-sweet lack of realism that has left me less than enthusiastic about the story. A Map of Home, by Randa Jarrar, however, is an exception. Jarrar's heroine, Nidali, narrates her life history with such honesty that I had to constantly remind myself the book wasn't an autobiography. I truly enjoyed this portrait of an average teen in a progressive westernizing Muslim country. It was at once familiar and exotic, and overall very entertaining.

• Book Jacket: The Art of the Wasted Day
    by Anjali Sachdeva
  • Book Jacket: Look Alive Out There
    Look Alive Out There
    by Sloane Crosley
    After a brief (and thoroughly enjoyable) foray into fiction (with her 2015 novel The Clasp), Sloane ...

Music of the Ghosts by Vaddey Ratner

Other People's Houses
    by Abbi Waxman

Win The Leavers

The Leavers by Lisa Ko

One of the most anticipated books of 2017--now in paperback!

T E H N Clothes