Reader reviews and comments on The Outlander, plus links to write your own review.

The Outlander

Jun 2009, 400 pages

Sarah Sacha Dollacker

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Outlander

Dr Neil

‘good ‘ doesn't do it justice
I have read many books on a variety of subjects. This over~70 retired psychologist has found this read to be a rich and satisfying feast. A richness and depth in this novel from such a youthful looking writer. I await Gil Adamsons next masterpiece with high anticipation. For me its a 5/5. NG.
Sue

Satisfying
I've always been intrigued by stories of women who pick up and run away from their everyday lives, often bringing nothing with them from their old lives but the clothes they are wearing. Anne Tyler's "Ladder of Years" is a favorite. Running away and starting a new life -- even if you are happy where you are -- always is a delightful fantasy. This story doesn't seem like a fantasy, it's gritty, and life is hard for the main character, and there is ongoing tension as she runs and hides. But the kindness of people who help her, and the strong friendships she makes -- it's all very satisfying.

Thanks go to BookBrowse for pointing me to this book.

• Book Jacket: The Ensemble
    by Tessa Fontaine
  • Book Jacket: The Female Persuasion
    The Female Persuasion
    by Meg Wolitzer
    A college freshman struggling for identity. A 1960s feminist icon attempting to maintain her ...
  • Book Jacket: A Lucky Man
    A Lucky Man
    by Jamel Brinkley
    If his debut collection of short stories, A Lucky Man is any indicator, Jamel Brinkley is poised on ...

Harbor of Spies by Robin Lloyd

A captivating thriller-at-sea set in Spanish colonial Havana in the 1860s.

Sometimes I Lie