Reader reviews and comments on The Outlander, plus links to write your own review.

The Outlander

by Gil Adamson

The Outlander

Apr 2008, 400 pages
    Jun 2009, 400 pages

Sarah Sacha Dollacker

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Outlander

Dr Neil (04/14/12)

‘good ‘ doesn't do it justice
I have read many books on a variety of subjects. This over~70 retired psychologist has found this read to be a rich and satisfying feast. A richness and depth in this novel from such a youthful looking writer. I await Gil Adamsons next masterpiece with high anticipation. For me its a 5/5. NG.
Sue (11/30/09)

Satisfying
I've always been intrigued by stories of women who pick up and run away from their everyday lives, often bringing nothing with them from their old lives but the clothes they are wearing. Anne Tyler's "Ladder of Years" is a favorite. Running away and starting a new life -- even if you are happy where you are -- always is a delightful fantasy. This story doesn't seem like a fantasy, it's gritty, and life is hard for the main character, and there is ongoing tension as she runs and hides. But the kindness of people who help her, and the strong friendships she makes -- it's all very satisfying.

Thanks go to BookBrowse for pointing me to this book.

• Book Jacket: A Gentleman in Moscow
    Night of the Animals
    by Bill Broun

The Tea Planter's Wife
    by Dinah Jefferies

An utterly engrossing, compulsive page-turner set in 1920s Ceylon.

This Must Be the Place
by Maggie O'Farrell

Win Blood at the Root

Blood at the Root

"A gripping, timely, and important examination of American racism."
- PW Starred Review