Reader reviews and comments on The Serpent's Tale, plus links to write your own review.

The Serpent's Tale

Kathy Pierson

There are currently 3 reader reviews for The Serpent's Tale

Gloria

The Serpent's Tale
I fell in love with the characters when I read "The Mistress of the art of Death" , they are believable, funny, with all the human failings one could possibly have. The story lines are engaging and I spent a couple sleepless nights because I wanted to know what was going to happen next. Arianna Franklin has a new number one fan. I really enjoyed a "Serpent's Tale" with all its twist and turns. A very good read and I can't wait to get my hands on "Grave Goods" and "A Murderous Procession".
joey

unremarkable
The story is somewhat predictable.
Kim

So-So mystery
I absolutely LOVED Ariana Franklin's first book in this series, "Mistress in the Art of Death," and couldn't wait to read "Serpent's Tale." Unfortunately, Franklin's second book is just kind of average. It dithers around a lot without moving the plot along much. There's nothing terribly surprising about the mystery. Many of the non-recurring characters are cardboard cutouts. Too many coincidences occur in the plot (something I've always considered to be sloppy writing). Some of it could be just me; I had big expectations that weren't met. Still, the main characters are very appealing, and I'm looking forward to reading a third - and hopefully better - addition to the series.

Wolf Season
    by Helen Benedict
  • Book Jacket: La Belle Sauvage
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...
  • Book Jacket: Leonardo da Vinci
    by Chloe Benjamin

Ginny Moon by Benjamin Ludwig

The Chalk Man
    by C. J. Tudor

Relentlessly compelling psychological suspense. The must-read thriller debut of 2018.

Win Mothers of Sparta