Reader reviews and comments on The Serpent's Tale, plus links to write your own review.

by Ariana Franklin

Jan 2008, 384 pages
    Feb 2009, 416 pages

Kathy Pierson

There are currently 3 reader reviews for The Serpent's Tale

Gloria (06/17/10)

The Serpent's Tale
I fell in love with the characters when I read "The Mistress of the art of Death" , they are believable, funny, with all the human failings one could possibly have. The story lines are engaging and I spent a couple sleepless nights because I wanted to know what was going to happen next. Arianna Franklin has a new number one fan. I really enjoyed a "Serpent's Tale" with all its twist and turns. A very good read and I can't wait to get my hands on "Grave Goods" and "A Murderous Procession".
joey (03/04/09)

unremarkable
The story is somewhat predictable.
Power Reviewer Kim (05/02/08)

So-So mystery
I absolutely LOVED Ariana Franklin's first book in this series, "Mistress in the Art of Death," and couldn't wait to read "Serpent's Tale." Unfortunately, Franklin's second book is just kind of average. It dithers around a lot without moving the plot along much. There's nothing terribly surprising about the mystery. Many of the non-recurring characters are cardboard cutouts. Too many coincidences occur in the plot (something I've always considered to be sloppy writing). Some of it could be just me; I had big expectations that weren't met. Still, the main characters are very appealing, and I'm looking forward to reading a third - and hopefully better - addition to the series.

• Book Jacket: A Certain Age

The Imperial Wife
    by Irina Reyn

All Is Not Forgotten
    by Wendy Walker

This is fast-paced psychological suspense/thriller at it's very best.

The Fair Fight
by Anna Freeman

A page-turning novel set in the world of 18th century female pugilists.

Summer Stunner
Summer Giveaway

Win 5 books, each week in July!

W M T N, W C F All