MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on The Serpent's Tale, plus links to write your own review.

by Ariana Franklin

Jan 2008, 384 pages
    Feb 2009, 416 pages

Kathy Pierson

There are currently 3 reader reviews for The Serpent's Tale

Gloria (06/17/10)

The Serpent's Tale
I fell in love with the characters when I read "The Mistress of the art of Death" , they are believable, funny, with all the human failings one could possibly have. The story lines are engaging and I spent a couple sleepless nights because I wanted to know what was going to happen next. Arianna Franklin has a new number one fan. I really enjoyed a "Serpent's Tale" with all its twist and turns. A very good read and I can't wait to get my hands on "Grave Goods" and "A Murderous Procession".
joey (03/04/09)

unremarkable
The story is somewhat predictable.
Kim (05/02/08)

So-So mystery
I absolutely LOVED Ariana Franklin's first book in this series, "Mistress in the Art of Death," and couldn't wait to read "Serpent's Tale." Unfortunately, Franklin's second book is just kind of average. It dithers around a lot without moving the plot along much. There's nothing terribly surprising about the mystery. Many of the non-recurring characters are cardboard cutouts. Too many coincidences occur in the plot (something I've always considered to be sloppy writing). Some of it could be just me; I had big expectations that weren't met. Still, the main characters are very appealing, and I'm looking forward to reading a third - and hopefully better - addition to the series.

• Book Jacket: The Never-Open Desert Diner
    The Never-Open Desert Diner
    by James Anderson
    James Anderson's debut novel, The Never-Open Desert Diner, starts off as an entertaining ...
  • Book Jacket: The Vanishing Velazquez
    The Vanishing Velazquez
    by Laura Cumming
    Author Laura Cumming spins out a tale of obsession and ruin in her latest book, The Vanishing Vel&#...
    The Fair Fight
    by Anna Freeman
    Anna Freeman's debut novel, The Fair Fight, highlights the world of boxing in England during ...
Win The 100 Year Miracle

50 Copies to Give Away!

The 100 Year Miracle is a rich, enthralling novel, full of great characters.

The Fair Fight
by Anna Freeman

A page-turning novel set in the world of 18th century female pugilists.

The Alaskan Laundry
    by Brendan Jones

A fresh debut novel about a young woman who moves to Alaska and finds herself through the hard work of fishing.

H Now B C?